Wednesday 4 January 2023

WOYWW 709 4th January 2023

 A happy new year to you all as you settle down to what 2023 has to offer. Here in Spain our festivities aren't over. We still have 3 Kings tomorrow evening and the next day. Originally the children received their presents on the eve of 3 kings  and I think some still do  but also have some on Christmas eve. Suppose it makes sense as the 3 kings presented Jesus with gifts.

Nothing much on the crafting front as the tables etc were needed this Christmas as I cooked on Christmas eve and again for my friend on Christmas day. This is a first for many years.

I have been trying to fathom out a crochet slipper pattern off YouTube.  Something I saw on face book and thought mmm that looks easy!! Once mastered to my own written pattern I think they will be able to complete quickly.


And seeing as the tables are now cleared the first thing I put on there was a jigsaw, this must be many years old as the pieces are really worn. 


Just looked up from computer and can't believe it is nearly 8am and still completely dark!

I shall finish this when I return from my sewing/knitting group so bear with me

Woops forgot about finishing so now I am nearly out of time.  Will link up with our host Julia at https://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ and wish you all a goodnight. 


6 comments:

  1. hi Any!! Yes it's still dark till quite late in the mornings here too, Still heading towards Spring soon. Hope your friend appreciated your cooking!! I keep trying to get out of doing it but we always seem to end up here. Good luck with that slipper and your puzzle. We don't seem to be into them this winter but then I've got lots of other things to do. Happy New Year, have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your group yesterday Ani. I had a pair of crocheted slippers at one point as Mum made them for all of us - lovely and warm. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been dark here in the morning, so much fir being past the shortest day ! Good luck with the crochet and jigsaw ! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year! Dark at 8am, gah, even there where it’s been so warm over the holiday. I love the Three Kings holiday, makes a lot of sense to me, but really I like the parades! Hope the puzzle hasn’t made itself more difficult by having worn pieces..we did a few during lockdown that were really difficult because the edges just didn’t ‘feel’ like a fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the memories! My grandma used to make baskets full of slippers and piles of afghans and I still have one she made for me in my high school colours. Like being wrapped up in a warm hug. Enjoy your puzzle - I got one for Xmas from Darling Daughter but Dear Son says not with a cat! I need one of those roll-it-up keepers so I can tidy it away.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR and (late) HAPPY WOYWW! May it be a great one for us all.
    Mary Anne (13)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the crochet slipper looks promising and super jigsaw on the go. BJ#14

    ReplyDelete