Wednesday 1 November 2017

WOYWW 439

White rabbits. here we are the first of November nearly another year gone. Quite a sad week for me this week as it will be the 1st anniversary of my sons death, I honestly can't believe it.

Still life has to go on so what is on my work desk/table today, this is it pictured at 8 this morning.


Starting at the bottom the support bar off a clothes hanger. Although they are child hangers I use for the peg bags the support has to be taken off as it shows.
Then a bag of wool purchased yesterday, yes I said no more buying wool but I wanted to knit another flamingo and hadn't the correct colours, that's my excuse well have you ever seen a flamingo that is not pink? Also in the bag are a few more bits and pieces purchased from the Chinese shop a good source of crafty items to be had in one particular shop that tries to cater for handicrafts. (We have no craft shops here in the Almeria region of Spain).

Then some posters I have designed for our Dames Carol concert, along with other song sheets etc. How did I get involved with this I do not know,  I said yes to the arranging of the stalls but can't remember anything about posters and song sheets and meeting with the choir mistress.
Two more dog bandanas and a pile of peg bags, made from some material I was given this week see also flowery material and check one. My paper cutter I have been making the price labels for all the goods and pricing them up. Then my over locker used for making the peg bags.

So that is my desk/table for this week, not very interesting my tidy craft room from a few weeks ago looks as if a bomb has hit it. The funny thing is though I know where things are even when it is a tip.

Now to join with all of you and Julia our host at stamping-ground.blogspot.com 

Off in a little while to my sewing/knitting group just wondering what to take with me today, has to be something simple as with all the talking we do can't concentrate on complicated. Knitting is always the favourite.

Have a good week everyone.






14 comments:

  1. So sorry that this week is a reminder of such a sad and tragic thing. I just hope that with all you have to do it helps take your mind off it if only for short bursts during the day.
    Now to designing posters I guess.
    Sending Love, Neet 12 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ani. I do trust that you are able to hold tight to Father God's hand at this time as you remember your son. It's hard to believe a whole year has gone by - so fast!
    Well done on all the crafty items - hope you found something nice and easy to take to your group!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad how quickly time passes when our loved ones have gone. Lovely to see you busy with your crafty creations. Spending time meaningfully with others who share your passion is a great way to share the burden.
    sandra de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about this sad anniversary....sending you huge hugs. Your crafting hopefully helps when everything gets too much. And you seem to be doing a lot at the moment, hope all is going well xx
    Hugs LLJ 13 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ani, big hugs at this sad time for you. You are keeping really busy though; you must be a great organiser and that's why all these extra jobs fall on you. Happy WOYWW Sarah #23

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ani, sending you love and hugs on this sad anniversary.That is a song that is a big favourite with us, and indeed all Metallica fans, I think.
    You have lots going on, be gentle with yourself so you don't wear yourself out. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs to you for this difficult week. Thanks for your visit BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending hugs... I can't believe it's been a year either; although I am sure you have felt it has been both longer and shorter.. that's how it goes. Take care Ani. Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry to hear about this sad time for you. Have a happy crafty time as much as you can.
    Ellie xx #35

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ani. I'm sorry to learn of your loss. I hope all goes well with your busy crafting week. Take care and God bless, Heather #7

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ani, I am so sorry to hear you lost your son - so against the natural order of things for the parent to outlive the child, and I can only imagine how you are feeling today. I hope that as time goes on, the happy memories of your boy will outshine the sadness and you will find some peace. There is nothing like getting absorbed in something creative to occupy your mind, and I hope you have plenty of opportunities for this, especially in the company of friends.

    Thank you for your lovely comment - our kittens certainly enjoy the cat tree, which I got on Ebay. Our old kitties were like yours and got too lazy to play, and we'd forgotten just how naughty kittens can be, and into everything! Lily is getting extremely naughty these days (worse than Ruby) and outside her training sessions when she's good as gold, she is so disobedient and everything she knows seems to fly out the window!!

    Shoshi #5

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots to snoop on your desk there! A girl can never have enough wool - I just ordered more from Loveknitting! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear of your loss. I too have taught myself to crochet. Though I crochet in rows as I get in knots if I try granny squares!Take care Zo xx 26

    ReplyDelete
  14. A year is just a blink in terms of loss isn't it, am so sorry that you have to experience such a sad and wasteful anniversary. I wonder if that's why youre so busy - because you certainly are! I think you're quite right about the Flamingos - i think probably they are one bird that wouldn't work in any other colour. Theres a Bazaar Chino very near our place too - I can spend a happy hour or so pottering the aisles, simply a great resource for nearly anything!

    ReplyDelete