Thursday 23 November 2017

WOYWW 442

Good morning everyone,
Will begin this at 7.30 am Wednesday, but won't be completed until much later as I am out for the day with my sewing group, we are going into the city of Almeria as we have heard of a rather large wool/handicraft shop there and are going to suss it out so to speak. But of course this being Spain we will coffee and lunch in between shopping. So apologies for lateness.

Many of you will know last week one of my cats was very ill  and was hospitalised at the vets, well sad to say on Sunday morning he lost his fight. I have had him and his sister since they were kittens so it is very sad as his sister (the one that is usually sat at my desk) is really unhappy. They slept, fed and even went out together.
This was him two weeks ago when I first took him to the vets because he had lost weight.

This was where I found his sister  lying by his grave after we bury him in the garden.

Ok life goes on and now it is Thursday morning and I am only 24 hours behind. Yesterday was so tiring when I returned home I collapsed in the chair and fell asleep.
We found the shop and all I said about not buying any more wool was forgotten. A fantastic shop, wool and patterns so much cheaper than UK.

My desk this morning it a jungle. (Thursday)

At the front is some wadding I unpicked from quilted material as I couldn't buy wadding here. it is to go between the advent calendar I am making (you can just see the pockets. My magic book that contains my 'all to do' from various organisations I belong to. Finally the box of 'to sew' Christmas goodies. So before I begin sewing this morning I have to clear the table!

I did my first fair here in Spain and it wasn't a success, I don't think the organisers had advertised it and in the end they didn't charge for the stall. This Sunday I am doing another one but this time in my home town which I know has been advertised and is an annual event and well supported. It is in aid of the local dogs home.


My stall last week

So now I must get on and catch up - sold the advent calendar pictured so have to replace. 

Sorry so  late late posting but better late than never, I will try and catch up with you all between now and the weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ani, such a shame about the poor show at the craft fair. Organisers really can make or break a show depending on how well they advertise. I was sad to read about your cat on FB, it is so heartwrenching, I know. Hopefully his sister will gradually become used to his not being there. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO sorry to hear of your beautiful cat's passing. Please give his sister a hug from me, it will take awhile for her to re-adjust. We lost our Penny in June, and every once in awhile, Inky still seems to go searching for her. Better luck on you upcoming craft show - your booth looks lovely! Thanks for sharing,have a great week, Lindart #26

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you poor thing, that's quite a week, am so sorry that your sweet cat lost his fight, and it's so hard to watch his sister grieve too. Your desk looks a fab selection of stuff, am delighted by it. Really enjoy your ingenuity for sourcing wadding...I'm surprised that Amazon cant provide your needs...at a price! Good luck with the next sale day, it being a local one will be all round a more fun experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stall looked wonderful - such a shame it was not advertised but hey ho, good luck with the next one.
    So sorry to hear about your cat. He was beautiful. It must be very hard for you to watch your other cat grieving so. What loyalty though and what love there must have been between them. I do hope she is alright. Please keep us informed. I know how hard it is losing a beloved pet, they come to be part of the family don't they? Take care.
    Hugs and Thanks for visiting me, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a shame about the craft stall, better luck with the next one - hope it goes much better -I am so late visiting it is almost time! Sorry to hear about your cat, hope his sister is ok. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ani... I am so sorry to hear about your beloved kitty. I know exactly what you must be feeling as we went through the exact same thing in the summer - Phoebe had to be put down and 3 weeks later we also lost Beatrice who broke her little heart without her. She looked for her, and sat in her favourite place in the garden, hoping she would come back... We have their little graves at the top of the garden with little stones marking the place. We were nearly 2 months without any kitties until our new babies arrived - now 6 months old! I really feel for your loss, and I am sure the remaining kitty is getting lots of love and attention as she grieves for her brother.

    I am not surprised you have been so exhausted! You've been so busy, and grieving leaves you so emotionally drained too. Sorry the craft fair was not a success. I've done one or two with the same result and have come to the conclusion it's not worth the effort, esp. as I have so little energy to start with! Lovely that you found that marvellous shop, though, and I'm surprised that the prices were so much better than UK - good for you! You can never have too much stash lol!

    Thank you for your lovely comment and sorry to be so long getting back to you but it's been a very busy few days! Frantically knitting socks, dealing with kitties, cooking a variety of dishes from 4 big pheasants we were given...

    Thinking of you and your remaining kitty.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #7

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh not great for the craft stall, hopefully the next one will be better. Sorry to hear about your cat too.

    kyla

    ReplyDelete