Wednesday 30 August 2017

WOYWW 430 29th August

Hello fellow followers, as I sit typing this on Tuesday evening a storm is taking place all around, lovely rain a god send after the long hot summer, thunder and lightening. I am just hoping the electricity doesn't go off as is usual when we have weather like this,

So down to business and what is on my work table this week, well after the big clear up of my work room and finding things I didn't know I had.  decided to finish some unfinished things and this is one of them.

Perhaps I purchased it when my grandson was born I did make him a pooh bear one which he still has. (He is now 12 years old). It will now go on the Christmas fair stall.



I have made a pile of the items I found that needed finishing so am slowly working my way through them.



Found some blue material when looking for the eeyore cushion cover so decided to cut a tabard out from what was left, thought it might appeal to the many waitresses we have here who seem to wear them. I used to make them for the children's hospitals in the UK all in bright children's fabrics.


Also this week some Christmas and everyday bibs.

So that is my contribution for this week but before I go must show you this. Remember the new cats scratching post I purchased back in March well in five months it has gone from this to this.

  

Have a good week and will try and visit you all during the week. it will not be Wednesday though as I have my knit and natter in the morning and then I am going to watch the Vuelta a Espana (Tour of Spain cycle race) as it comes along part of our sea front here in little Mojacar. (ITV 4 at 8.00p,m)

Now to prepare to link with our host Julia at stamping-ground.blogspot.com


All is quiet now think the thunder, lightening and rain have stopped.

14 comments:

  1. I love your Eeyore cushion!! Hope you enjoy the cycling, how great that it is coming so close to you. We have rain here today, makes it a nuisance to get to work, but hey ho! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning neighbor!I hope that finishing things is catching! and we could use some of that rain too!
    Robyn 7

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have been productive. I know the feeling about UFOs, i have quite a lot of stitching and knitting that I have started and not finished; one of these days... Happy WOYWW Sarah #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so busy, Love the cushion and those little bibs are beautiful... the cat post made me smile... at least it was not your furniture so well worth the investment... Enjoy your knit & natter group... Happy WOYWW... May #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Ani. You HAVE been busy. I love the Eeyore cushion. I'm sure that won't hang about on your stall. Those little bibs are cute - and your unfinished symphony pile is rapidly diminishing! Well done. My word - your cat knows how to scratch at that post!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ani, well the scratching post has certainly been popular! Lovely stuff you've made, the tabars for hospitals remineded me of when my DIL first qualified as a paediatric nurse, she made some lovely bright children themed tabards for work. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see the scratching post gets good use - rather than any furniture.
    What a lovely cushion - am sure it will be one of the first things sold! Lovely tabard and bibs too - what a fun post this has been.
    Hugs, Neet 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my goodness, I had a bit of a chuckle about the scratching post! But at least your furry one is using it well :) We bought a cardboard one that is horizontally and Meesha prefers that one. Down side it, we have pieces of cardboard all over the place LOL!
    Have a wonderful week! Happy WOYWW xoxo Cheetarah #20

    ReplyDelete
  9. What jolly bibs! It must make you smile, just imagining the wee ones who'll someday be wearing those. Your tabard design is inspiring me to think in terms of making one for artwear.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Rose of Rose's Art Garden #31

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy WOYWW ave a great week xx Jan (30)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So love the cushion. It seems to me that it's just as well that you got the scratching post otherwise it could have been the furniture! Have a great woyww and happy crafty week, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least you can feel good that your cat actually uses the post! I bought Penny a new one about a year before she died, has never been used! The old one was torn to shreds. Love all your bits and pieces for the craft fair! Have a great week, thanks for sharing! Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Eyeore pillow! Lovely job on that. I have projects, that took me years to pick up and finish! Once I started a Noah's Ark quilt for first grandchild, but finished it for the third one. LOL Anyway, love your finished project! #39

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're doing a great job there with all the WIPs!
    Wow! for the cat scratcher.... methinks someone has had a great time!!
    Christine #15

    ReplyDelete