Wednesday 4 August 2021

WOYWW 635

 4th August

Hello Ladies, I am now back home for a few weeks. It is so lovely to see my daughter and son in law so often now that they are living in Spain. Although 2 hours away from me it is nothing on our roads around here. I suddenly realised she is the only family I have now and we were slowly drifting apart with only one visit per year. They are really settled here and love their new life in the sun.

And boy has it been in the sun this last month. 

So the reason why we are here WOYWW well in my case nothing much so what's new I hear you ask, but I have been doing a little crocheting a new single bed cover but using up wool I already have and of course the jigsaw.

This brings back memories of childhood reading. I thought it would be easy but no unless I am losing my experience at jigsaws.


This crocheting doesn't seem to grow fast but then there are 175 to a row and perhaps with the heat it is a good thing.

I really must start to think about the C word this time last year I had them all done thanks to lockdown. This year nada.

Life moves on here in Mojacar but we wonder if things will ever get back to the normal we had. Lots of Spanish holiday makers around but not many British and of course our cases are on the increase. We can only be careful and sensible and hope for the best.

Now to join with the famous WOYWW that our dear friend Julia runs, (that's if I can remember how. I have been reading your contributions over the last few weeks but it isn't easy on my little phone and commenting with my fat fingers nearly impossible. Call me old fashioned but I do like my desktop.


14 comments:

  1. Mo no no no no! Unless the C- word is crafting I do NOT want to hear it :D It is my way to ignore it all till the day after Thanksgiving and still I wonder, every year, why it seems to creep up on me.... Enjoy the puzzle, it looks challenging, and the crochet is best dne when the weather is cool so your crafting warms your lap!

    Happy WOYWW.
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a good visit with your daughter and her family and that they are so settled into their home in Spain Ani. I am sure the jigsaw will get finished eventually. Love the theme. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that you see the family so much now, the best thing! I couldn’t crochet a blanket at the moment, that’s why I’m just doing squares!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous jigsaw - I always loved the Dandy! How special to have your family so close to you again. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#18)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to have your family so close to you now. The blanket is looking beautiful and so neatly crocheted but I can't do anything with wool in hot weather!
    Hope you have a good week,
    Diana xx #19

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun jigsaw . Glad you've been able to see your daughter and have fun together. Take care and stay safe . Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ani. How lovely - to have your daughter living so much closer now! Wonderful. I haven't made a single Christmas card yet, either - and yes, I had most of mine made last year, too, by now. Must start soon - but two weddings to see to first!!! - no - mine isn't one of them. Great jigsaw - and the blanket is going to be lovely.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #8

    ReplyDelete
  8. bother, I lost my internet connection and my comment! I was saying something about not wanting to think about the dreaded C word and people who start making cards in August for that event. No no no, don't want to think about it yet. Happy WOYWW! Elle #20 this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crocheting looks lovely and I was wondering what stitch you were using? Mine seems to be taking forever now it has got bigger, I have nearly used up the wool! Have a great week Angela #15

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought several new jigsaws during the Lock Down and they are still sat there waiting to be opened, maybe that's a good sign. Good luck with yours. Loving the crochet too. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am hoping to start some jigsaws but have not got round to getting and yet, That crochet is looking lovely

    Take care and stay safe, Lilian B #10

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely that your daughter and her husband are now within easy reach, Ani, and you can see each other more often now. I love the crochet - but that is a lot of stitches in one row! I was glad to finish the Kitty Throw before the heat set in, because having all of that on my lap would have been too much!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #11

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed reading and looking at what you have been up to.
    I haven't been active on WOYWW for such a long time and I lost my Artistic mojo ages ago. I am hoping for inspiration looking at prolific artists like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the crochet in the heat! And the jigsaw...
    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Susan #23
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete