Wednesday 6 January 2021

WOYWW 605 6th January 2021

 Oh my goodness 2021 where did the years go since the millennium celebrations of 2000, who would think then of the situtation the world would be in 20 years laters.


And on my Wednesday desk today still no crafting but the finished jigsaw, just the one piece missing.


I have also been carrying on knitting my squares and oh boy do I need that blanket. Don't think I have known such a cold winter, the sun shines but we have a really cold wind that comes from the north. Don't ever discard warm winter clothes if you come to live in Spain I even had my gloves on yesterday as well as my ancient M & S winter coat. 

At least we are still allowed out and bars and restaurants are open during the day and evening but not allowed to sell alcohol in the evening. Yesterday we registered 12 new cases in our little town but I wasn't surprised as when I took a trip to the dustbins New years day one bar area had so many cars parked I couldn't get near the bins and had to drive further on and lo and behold that chain have now closed because of positive readings. 

We have new restrictions or non restrictions due on the 10th so watch this space.

It is our three kings today but sadly non of the big parades etc. but some kings were seen in cars. 

I am off to my knitting/sewing class this morning we say we never close. Haha

Not to link with our hostess Julia at https://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

  1. What a shame about the missing piece of jigsaw. Stay safe and keep warm Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a bummer about the missing piece!

    Happy WOYWW!

    Morti #23

    ReplyDelete
  3. We aren't going anywhere...but hubby has just popped off to walk around the village...but thats it. Is the missing piece in the vucum cleaner!?? Or, was it never there! Happy WOYWW Stay safe, Keep crafting ((Lyn)) #25

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on completing your puzzle!
    As for the other, we are experiencing 3K-4K deaths a day here in the United States! If someone thinks that going to a bar or getting their hair done is more important than living, I say to them, go for it! The sad thing is, they will end up killing people who truly value not only their lives but also the lives of others.

    I am bewildered by it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh always a bit frustrating when one piece is missing ~ but it's a cute puzzle all the same. Stay warm ~ Love, Karen #32

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand some people who insist on going out for unnecessary reasons. I can only think that no one close to them has had or died from the virus and they don't really understand what's going on and sadly they may find out the hard way. Take care and have a happy woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must admit that I avoid crowds even when not under restrictions Ani. Glad your club can still meet safely at the moment though. A missing piece must be most frustrating. Hope it warms up a bit for you soon. Happy New Year, stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband would sympathise over your missing piece. Dolly often walks off with a piece of the jigsaw he is doing. He now covers it when he leaves the puzzle! We have had a real hard frost here this morning, I am start to feel chilly now the heating has gone off! Have a great week Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a fun jigsaw, Ani, but a shame one of the pieces is missing. Sorry to hear you are suffering from the cold - not something one associates with Spain in the usual way! Hope you get your blanket finished soon.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete
  10. How frustrating to be missing a jigsaw piece, it looks a great jigsaw. Sorry I'm late. Wishing you a happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#10)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never thought of "sunny Spain" being cold! The blanket can keep you warm while you are making it, and afterwards! It is sad to see so many people getting the virus from one event, you have to wonder what they were thinking! I'm glad we stayed home and had a quiet night of board games (I won all three!). Have a wonderful week, stay safe and stay warm! Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are fully acclimatised. I remember our first winter visitors to the villa were shocked when I tried to tell them how to work the boiler. Even if you manage to avoid the cold winds, I always found heating at night was a really nice luxury, specially on the nights you don’t want to go out. I think that despite everything, if there’s a crowd, there’s more than a vague chance that there is at least on Covid infection. Numbers are frightening. Do take care. Big work on the puzzle, I always end up wondering how many times I tried a piece in the space created by the missing piece before I knew! Hope knitting group went well, this time in four months and you’ll be wondering why the blanket squares seemed such a priority!

    ReplyDelete
  14. One piece missing!
    While you are freezing we are sweltering in 40 degrees, Fortunately we have had had a cool change now!
    Sorry for the late visit!
    Happy New Year and happy WOYWW!
    Susan #6
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete