Wednesday 15 April 2020

WOYWW 567

15th April 2020 5th week of 'lockdown'.

I am late this morning as during the night I was kept awake by a thunderstorm, lightening and heavy rain, so this morning I thought why do I need to get up at the usual time.

So come to my desk this morning ....
Nothing only my nightly knitting. I got so fed up of seeing all the card making materials I have put them all away. (Then yesterday afternoon a friend said could I make a birthday card for her husband and an anniversary card.)

I have decided to continue with some other crafts but will have to wait and see just what.
This lockdown is getting to me after five weeks, we did hear there was to be some relaxation of restrictions but apparently this doesn't apply to us - the old and vunerable!! Never classed myself as old until this.

My daughters birthday card is all but finished just needs the sentiment.

Found the May paper in my stash and thought very appropriate the photos range from 3 days old right up to her wedding in May last year. Hope she likes it and the photos don't embarrass her too much.

 That is me for this week, off out now for the highlight of the week, food for me, food for dog and cat, rubbish to dustbins. Oh the excitement.

Have a good week everyone and keep smiling now to link with Julia our host. https://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/

PS for those of you that read about Barney and the dash to the emergency vets on Sunday he is now fully recovered. 

16 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that Barney has recovered well Anne. Your daughter's card looks amazing. I am sure that she will treasure it. Hope the weather improves soon so you can sit outside again. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Barney is alright now, worrying times.
    Lovely card/book you have made for your daughter, what a wonderful idea and such a lovely gift made with love - so I guess you could say it is a "gift wrapped up in love".
    I know what you mean about this lockdown getting to you. I don't go out much in any case but it is the fact that 'choice' has been taken away that is getting to me - and the state of my hair!
    Stay safe and well
    Hugs, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a super card for your daughter's birthday. It is always the way as soon as you put things away you just have to get it all out again. Stay safe and keep creating.
    Sandra de @10

    ReplyDelete
  4. your daughters card is wonderful ( puts me to shame ) both my daughters have birthdays in April and while I made them both cards, no where near as special as this one. Take care and keep safe Soojay#19

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ani, that is a fabulous card, she'll love it! Like you, I'm in the highly vulnerable list, so any relaxation of restrictions won't affect me. And even if they did, Hubbys restrictions to keep me safe would over-ride them, lol. Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #8 X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ani. You sure are living the high life with that activity!! Seriously - I love the card. It must have taken hours to make. I'm sure your daughter will love it. Well done.
    Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
    Margaret #6

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your daughter will love the card, it's so thoughtful and pretty! Isn't that just typical putting all your card stuff away and then someone asking you for something. Still, at least your desk was clear for a while, lol! Hope you manage to find something new in the shops to tickle your taste buds.
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't feel alone on this being classified as "OlD" ✔✔ It's all a mind thing anyway, we can't be influenced by all this fake news !!!! Your card is cute.Glad to hear Barney is doing well. Keep that "Young" spirit and we'll all get thru this. Stay Safe, laugh out loud, and kick those legs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think at the moment home is the place to be if it's at all possible and you've still got us. The card looks lovely and I'm sure your daughter will love it. Take care and have a crafty woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you were kept awake last night with a thunderstorm, [ I would have been in hiding lol ] I am sure you daughter will love the card . and glad Barney is okay,
    Take care Lilian B #13

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a thoughtful and wonderful card you've made for your daughter, I'm sure she'll treasure it.
    Hope you have a good week and stay safe and well,
    Diana xx #16

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card. I'm definitely tiring of my own company here and don't have any animals to care for (probably as well given the mess I am surrounded by!) Take care and stay safe... Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the birthday card - makes me think I might do similar for my daughter's birthday on Sunday. xx Jo #13

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad Barney is alright now. I am sure your daughter will love her car x Angela #24

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad that Barney is OK. I adore the birthday card for your daughter. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#3)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your daughter's birthday card is absolutely amazing, Ani! What a work of art. It contains so much, and is so beautiful too. Definitely a keepsake for her. I'm glad Barney is OK. Thank you for your visit, and I'm glad you enjoyed the various different things in my post this week!

    Keep safe and well, and happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #1

    ReplyDelete