Wednesday 6 February 2019

WOYWW 505

Good morning ladies.
Thought you might like to see my desk (yes I am in working mode again) as it is every night before I go to bed. I have to put everything I am working on as high up as possible. Why because of one big puppy who when bored will go in search of mischief. As you can see he stands as high as the table. Him and the 14 year old cat join forces she knocking things off and him running with it.

So on my table I have my blanket/wool that I have been crocheting for at least a couple of years. This was put to one side in the heat of the summer and never brought out again. (Sort of 2019 resolution finish as many unfinished items as possible and use up some wool stash.
Then there is the cricut create that a friend has lent me to play with unfortunately the needle needs replacing so hasn't been very successful. Would love a scan and cut any pros and cons about this machine.
Then of course the usual card making equipment. Trying to make some Easter cards.

Note the chair in the background this was my Christmas present to self - a new electric relaxer chair, but of course having animals every night I have to cover it to stop the cat scratching the leather and a small up turned table placed on top to stop the dog sleeping on it. The dog doesn't go on the chairs normally but at night he thinks it is ok to do so.


So that is my nightly and morning routine, cover up and uncover.
Ok now to link up with all the WOYWW crowd via Julia's page at
http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ Nip over and see what it is all about.

9 comments:

  1. Aha..that was going to be my first question, I could see the table legs on the chair in your first phot and thought maybe you had a loom or giant bow maker!! Look at that Puppy..butter wouldn’t melt! That lift up/cover up routine makes me smile, we do some funny things to protect our crafty life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Ani!! What rascally pets you have! What a palaver night and morning - still, if it keeps your things from being "attacked"...
    Take care - and all the best with the resolution! God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ani, laughing at your pets. They can all be real rascals, can't they? Don't have a scan N cut, bought a Silhouette Portrait, but over on the Splitcoast Stampers forum, they have a thread dedicated to this machine, all comments/advice from owners, so it might be worth joining and having a look, or asking questions there. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dog's face has just made me laugh out loud!! Is he feeling guilty for wanting to get at your craft stuff? That'll be a big fat NO then, lol!!! And then I laughed even more at you having to cover up your lovely leather chair - I would do it as well though, so I'm on your side!
    Hugs LLJ 14 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh just for that cute doggy face it was worth visiting! The joys of having pets! Our cat is terrible at scratching stuff too, so some areas are out of reach when we're not around - but there's nothing we can do about the carpet! Have a lovely week! zsuzsa #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to laugh at your essential animal containment routines - I have a few that I have to do for the cat!! Good luck with getting on with all those woolly works in progress!! Happy Wednesday, Cindy #20

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cover up routine for the chair made me smile. I think the Brother Scan N Cut is more flexible than the older Cricut machines as you don't need cartridges and can download patterns and files for free off the internet as well as drawing your own designs and scanning them in. It is easier to cut lots of items on different pieces of card on one mat as you can scan in the mat and set your cutting objects exactly over the right areas. I do find that the mats lose their sticky quickly and use Stick & Spray on the back of my card to ensure it doesn't move. It is fabulous in direct cut mode for cutting out non die cut decoupage and stamped images instead of fussy cutting with scissors. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post brought back so many memories of our beloved dog, we used to tip up the cushions so he couldn’t climb on them and then cover one of them as he got older so he could sleep on it during the day.
    Have a great week
    Jan #18

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's pets for you, they always find the comfy spot given half a chance. Our two sleep in their pen at night so they don't get the chance but do share the sofa with my hubby during the evening. Still, where would we be without them.... I could say but somebody's listening Lol! Have a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete