Wednesday 10 January 2018

WOYWW 449

Good morning fellow deskers from a much colder Spain than last week. Time to bring out the coats and gloves. You may laugh but when your body gets use to summer temperatures of high 30's  a temperature of 8C is cold.

So to my desk/table this week, I thought I would sort some of my wool and bag up odd bits to use for blanket squares, baby hats etc. This is just a small amount of what I have.
But wait there is more, more wool and even more wool after yesterday. A friend and I decided to have a day out in the city of Almeria to visit the wool/craft shop I mentioned a few weeks ago and yes you've guessed it I couldn't resist and purchased yet more wool.
My excuse is this is to go with some browny colour Aran wool I found in my stash and put together will crochet a rather nice throw for my old comfy armchair.  This was all I did buy not saying what my friend purchased!

I belong to a facebook page for a local dogs home and they are asking for dog bandanas, knitted dog coats etc to stock a stall at a local fair. So with some of the wool in my stash I started on the journey of knitting a dog coat never having done one before. I found the pattern on the internet and this is the work in progress so to speak. The colour is royal blue and yellow. Will report next week on the finished item. Not too sure about the instructions on the pattern though.

Following on from my ship picture last week, I noticed this one two days ago, apparently a drilling ship according to the website vessel finder. Perhaps next week we will see the oil platform being erected.

That is me for this week now to link up with Julia stamping-ground.blogspot.com (hopefully my link will work this week) apologies for last week but hadn't installed the link on my new Hard drive. Thank you for your comments those of you who managed to find me.

12 comments:

  1. love the wool! I used to enjoy knitting but haven't done any for years (my mum used to sew my knitting up for me!) If you need help with dog bandanas, LLJ is your woman, I am sure she can help if you need it. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW. Yes, I had seen on the weather forecast that Spain was getting a bit of the 'artic' weather. In the Northern Costa Blanca it just meant that the cyclists went out with sleeves and long leggings on! Still wonderful sunshine and blue skies. We have had the usual nasty dark/windy/wet weather in Wales that I hate so much. My health has flared a lot and I am so glad that I have crafting to keep me distracted. We hope to get back to Spain again in April - to view more properties probably, as hubby is now thinking that a modern property with a view (so just outside the town that we have chosen) would be better for an initial holiday home, so the two bungalows within easy walking distance of the shops etc that I liked may well be off the list. I am happy with anything - all is wonderful. Ali x #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a wool fest. 'By gum' you have some wool there. Happy knitting days ahead. Look forward to seeing the dog coat.
    Hugs & Thanks for visiting me earlier - Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a lovely stash of wool you have there! Good luck with the knitted doggy coat; it looks intriguing. Happy WOYWW Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I understand only too well the lure of new yarn!! Even though I have a yarn stash, it only takes a stroll into my fav wool shop and I'm sunk. I can resist all sorts of things in life but rows of colourful woolly balls are just too tempting. Love the idea of a knitted doggy coat - does it tie underneath or are there holes at each corner for the legs?
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely woolly projects, Ani! I love the idea of doggie coats to keep them warm in chilly Spain! I love the picture of your fur babies at the top of your blog. The kitty on the left reminds me so much of our old Beatrice.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Ani. A girl just can't have too much wool, can she? But you are putting it to good use - all bagged up neatly! Well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think wool multiplies in my cupboards - I can never get to the end of my stash. Good luck with the dog coat - I have never made one. Show it to us when you have finished. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi An, great wool collection. If you're a keen knitter you can never have enough for sure. Have a good creative week and happy woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The work that you are doing for the shelter is so lovely, I first thought it was black and fellow like a bee.8 degrees cold,hahaha,happy WOYWW,vicky#15

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I suppose you have to have a touch of winter, and I agree, the 8 degrees would feel cold! I think the dog coat is looking the right shape to me, love the stripes pattern, I wonder if it’s Spanish football team colours by coincidence....that would be fun for the dog owner! I really like the warm tones of the new yarns, and yep, I totally get why you had to buy more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute little dog sweater - and a lovely stash of new wool! That will keep you warm! I wish we had 8C here, today it's -16C, feeling like -25C! We had a bunch of snow last night, but the last 2 days we had nothing but rain, which froze, and is now snow. Lucky us! I'd rather be in Spain looking out over the ocean with you! Have a great week! Lindart #31

    ReplyDelete