Wednesday 7 June 2017

WOYWW 418

Firstly these are the ATC's I have received so far, they are all beautiful and so different. Thank you all very much.

I was wondering how you all visit one anothers pages, I tend to try and visit  and comment on 10 at a time. Sometimes this can take me a few days so apologies if I didn't manage to visit and comment of your page, will try and do better.

This week's desk isn't very interesting:-
In the front I am putting the finishing touches to my friends card, My cutters, the box of patterned papers, tape and more tape, like I said no very interesting.

So thought I would show you my card store room shelves. 

Top shelf boxes of  finished birthday cards and Christmas cards and laminator. Next shelf cutters, glue sticks and gun. Next box of tapes,etc tiles I use for painting, my ultimate pro of which I think I have only ever used the scoring board. Bottom shelf hidden from view my boxes of stamps, inks etc. Oh and the red at the left hand side is a roll of waterproof nylon material that I use to line my aprons with.

Top shelf are boxes of embellishments and punches  my boxes of card and papers, sorted into white, coloured, gold etc.
These are the Christmas shelves more or less, along with assorted envelopes and some coloured card I bought from the Chinese shop this week not yet cut into sensible sizes.
And finally some of my ribbons.

This room used to be the en suite shower room to my third bedroom but seeing as the bedroom is now a store room for my material and wool I had the shower etc taken out and am now making more use of the room. It can always be reverted back to a shower room when the bedroom becomes a bedroom again but not in my lifetime I have too much material and wool etc.!!!!


These are two seats I talked about in WOYWW 408 I have finally got around to covering them, next it will be the jet spray on the bamboo seats and perhaps a lick of paint. Who knows they might be finished for summer 2018. Keep watching this space.

Please may I be permitted to ask two questions this week - how do I put the facebook link to my page on this site?
My second question is any suggestions on how to store acrylic stamps I have found that some of them are going sticky and breaking up. This could be because I live in a hot and humid area of Spain as I never had this trouble in the UK. all the rubber ones are ok and dare I say all my Clarity ones also perhaps you get what you pay for.

Now link up with Julia our host for WOYWW  stamping-ground.blogspot.com






16 comments:

  1. your room is so organised! I love your atcs you've received. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one set go sticky on me it was defective I think but they can break down with the heat I understand. I did leave a set in water for a while and it got really hard so maybe a soak for an hour then check to see how they feel. Beautiful ATC's you have hugs Nikki 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some awesome ATCs. How wonderful.

    To answer your first question, I visit in order, and I keep at it until I'm too tired to post and comment further.

    To answer your facebook question, I have no idea because I'm not on any social media site except blogger.

    For the last question, I keep my stamps in a cool, dry, and dark place. I have very few stamps and even less of the clear ones. I live in a very hot and humid climate, but still have had no trouble with sticky. I found one sticky because I used it all the time with Staz-On. It got very soft and soggy because I didn't clean it. I've learned to clean it now.

    Sorry I'm not more help. Happy WOYWW from #5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHat a lovely collection of ATCs. I visit in order and try to do visit in sets of five. Sometimes I don't finish until the weekend, but I do try to visit everyone eventually. It helps that I don't work on Wednesdays. All I can suggest about the stamps is keeping them as cool and dark as possible. Sorry not sure about the Facebook link. Is there a widget in the template for adding one? I haven't looked. Happy WOYWW Sarah #8

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, lovely ATC's I must put mine on. have a great week. Anne x #19

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see how you store all your goodies. I am no help with Facebook. I have had a couple of silicone stamps go very yellow but none have cracked so far. I keep them in a box away from light. No rush in saying hello when you have time just popped by a few,it can take me a week.
    sandra de @31

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ani, on your question about a Facebook badge, this link has what you need:http://theblogwidgets.com/2010/02/facebook-widgets-and-tools-for-your.html.
    Regarding the clear stamps, you spoke correctly in you get what you pay for, some cheaper stamps are not photopolymer, and will not last as long, it's true. Equally, it could well be humidity affecting them as well. What are they stored on? I've seen a lot about this on the SCS forum, laminated sheets seem to be the best. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just try to visit everyone throughout the day (and Thursday too!) when my internet allows :)
    I keep my stamps in a cloth box on a shelf - away from direct sunlight. I never clean them with anything except for water - I used to use baby wipes, but have found that water is best even for the cheap stamps - they do last longer. Though, unfortunately, they do get sticky and deteriorate eventually (after many, many years) - unlike the more expensive stamps I own.

    Have a great Wednes-YAY!

    Bubbles #36
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/woyww-418.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I visit in threes! a across the columns too, so I don't just visit the first column every week if I fail to get round all of them! I think your stamps issue very interesting, am led to believe that it's light exposure that causes the sticky weakness.....one supplier once told me to treat them like potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your seats look wonderful! Hopefully they will be usable this summer! You have lots of stuff nicely organized, and your desk looks nice and creatively messy! I do the same as you, I visit 10 at a time, usually finished by Thursday, but not always! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #41

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room looks so organised - a place for everything and everything in it's place - just how I like it! I'm afraid I can't help with the stamp storage as I've only ever had one go like that and I think it was a cheap one, so you are probably right in saying you get what you pay for. I guess cool and dark is the best for them.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana x #26

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW very organized! I have organization but you wouldn't notice it from the piles I have on the floors and all horizontal surfaces...Light is usually the big culprit for the clear stamps...I was told to keep them out of light and away from the heat. I have a ton of clear stamps and really hate it when they fall apart. Hope you have a great week! Vickie #43

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't kid yourself it's all interesting! We just love getting the chance to have a snoop round. Nice ATCs too. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the ATC's and one very creative desk... your room is very organised I must say I made curtains to hide mine as I kept finding projects to do whilst looking at them... so I had to put them out of sight so I can finish what I started lol.. I'm so easily distracted!! when it comes to crafty goodies...Have a fun filled creative week ahead... May #13

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I do like a room where everything is organised like that - it's great to be able to put your hand on what you need straightaway. I can't bear wasting time searching for stuff! I see Shaz has answered your FB query and as I don't stamp at all, can't help you with the other. Love the bright cushions you made btw :-D
    Hugs, LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous post,
    Sorry for the delay in commenting, laptop trouble. It's died on me and I'm in a bit of a flap.
    On a positive note, my Dear Husband plans to buy a replacement for me.
    Katie #33

    ReplyDelete