Wednesday 14 June 2017

WOYWW 419

This week is short and sweet as my daughter is here with her partner to help me celebrate a big birthday on Friday. It should have been a big family affair like my 60th but with the death of my son last year I decided to keep celebrations to a minimum. Think we are going to hire a boat and go out to sea for the day, and if this weather keeps up we will need plenty of sunscreen. The temperatures are mid 30's and not much less at night.

So my desk for this week is:
Table cleared and all put away, couldn't possible let my daughter see how I work, so on my desk  - 10 point plastic canvas that my daughter brought me from the UK as I can't purchase it here. Wait till next week and this 70 year old will be back in business materials everywhere.

Of course I have to have something to keep me going so my pick up and take anywhere is my knitting - multi coloured leg warmers.


So off to link with Julia at stamping-ground.blogspot.com
Hope you all have a good week am now going to wake my lazy visitors up!!

















11 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand the very bittersweet emotions you must have, but I would like to wish you a very happy 70th birthday and hope that you have a lovely day celebrating however you feel like. I do have to ask one thing...legwarmers? In the heat you live in? There has to be a story there :-)
    Take care,
    Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What ever you decide to do, have a great birthday, you deserve it. Have a great woyww and happy crafty week, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ani, and a very Happy Birthday to you. I hope you have a lovely day, doing whatever you want to to celebrate. Can you get Amazon deliveries where you are? If so, you can get the plastic canvas on there, I bought some a while back. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... a boat ride? Really? Lucky you :)
    Have a wonderful Wednesday :)
    Bubbles (PatchworkApples)
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/woyww-419.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! I hope you have a great time with family. The boat trip sounds perfect!!

    The legwarmers look very nice. I like the stitch you are using - and the yarn is colorful. Is it sock yarn?

    Happy WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (43)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love leg warmers, that looks like the start to some fabulous ones! Have a wonderful birthday! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #64

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time flies doesn't it? I hope you enjoy your day at sea. April #33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those will be some AMAZING leg warmers!! Love the colors! Have a great week! xo Cheetarah #37

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your knitting that wool is fabulous, Have a wonderful time with your family & and most importantly Have a very Happy Birthday on the day... May#29

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the knitting!
    Have a super weekend,
    Katie xx44

    ReplyDelete