Wednesday 22 March 2017

WOYWW 407

Hi everyone, well here we are at another WOYWW hosted by Julia from stamping-ground 



Nothing much to show on my desk this week packed away all the card making materials now I have quite a stock for the coming months celebrations. Given the table a good clean - glue gets everywhere.
 So on the desk today are some balls of knitting wool I have purchased yes I know I said shoot me if I buy some more but I have a good excuse as I am preparing for our Dames in Spain Christmas fair and carol concert. This year we have decided to man and supply all the stalls ourselves instead of inviting outsiders to have a table with their goods. So one has to begin early in the year doesn't one? The knitting you see is the beginning of a drop stitch scarf not to sure of the pattern but have tried to keep it simple, something I can do without too much concentration. Will also be looking for fingerless mitts etc. patterns as these make good presents and the cost of posting them to another country isn't too great.
Any more ideas please.

As I type this here is my furry friend helping me.

Earlier this week I bought the cats a new scratching pole and the photo below I have given the caption - if you think I am using that instead of your chair and settee ........
Hope you all have a good week will try and do the rounds later and thank you in advance for your comments.

14 comments:

  1. wow, yes, that is good prep.... hope the scratching post gets used soon once she's become familiar with it! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cats - a new scratching post? Can't blame them if they prefer the comfort of the chair etc.
    Wow, that's a mammoth task you ladies have set yourself. If I think of anything I will let you know. Does it have to be knitting or can it be sewing too?
    Hugs, Neet 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy WOYWW. I have no ideas for items for your Christmas fair, but how about looking on Pinterest. That is where I always go for inspiration. Milky, our house cat, is going through a stage of sharpening her claws on the stairs carpet and also on our sofas. She is 10 this year and was struggling with pain in her legs (she was run over by a car 7 years ago and has pins in her pelvis), so we are just glad that she is obviously feeling ok and going through a 2nd kittenhood! Ali x #10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Ani. Yes, there is a certain air of disdain in that photo of your cat, isn't there?! I love all that yummy yarn - it's going to look great - and I do so agree - we have to start early!!! Like Ali, my daughter uses Pinterest for new ideas - she is making things at the moment for a craft stall, so has managed to find some lovely, simple makes.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #6

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the others have said, Pinterest is a great source of inspiration...search for free patterns though as many links take you to pattern sales.
    The expression on your cat's face is priceless!!! That really made me laugh over my breakfast this morning...the sheer disdain is wonderful, lol!
    Hugs, LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a typical cat reaction! Hope all that knitting pays off by the Christmas lunch and that your arms don't drop off. Sarah #26

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ani, smiling at the look on your cats face! Funny things, aren't they? Have you tried Pinterest, or you could ask Twiglet & Wipso for some ideas, they both do a lot of this sort of thing. Or LLJ.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see your knitting. I'm still plugging away. It's fun to learn new stitches. Still think knitting language is like a foreign language. Mum swears it will get easier to read.

    Happy WoYWW
    Sharon K#34

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ani, having a chuckle at your cat's lack of appreciation for the new pole - isn't that just like a cat :) Good luck with the knitting. You have some lovely yarn to work with. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #30

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah our Bob cat will scratch anything other than his post... so good luck with that! Nice that you start early, with me it tends to be last minute panic, and I will think of you on Sunday ( UK mothers day) having seen your comment earlier, my deepest sympathy for your loss, much love Dx @43

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for calling by at mine yesterday. I'm just playing catch up before I get too busy.
    I'm chuckling at your fur baby. Cats tend to do their own thing don't they? Good luck with the new scratching post. Love the knitting.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #13

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ani, love your wool and yes I said years back i would buy any more stamps and more arrived this week, sigh we are bad, aren't we?
    Fingerless gloves are great as are scarves but I also love a good beanie too :D and socks I reckon take time so maybe not practical but would love to try a pair of handmade socks one day..
    Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration!
    Happy belated WOYWW!
    Shaz in Oz.x #21

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant not buy anymore stamps!!! left out the not!! mm, wonder why I did that now :D

      Delete
  13. Hi Ani, I'm late doing everything this week. Little quilted pot stands make nice gifts and don't take too long to make but not sure you could knit them Lol! Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete