Wednesday 1 March 2017

WOYWW 404 1st March

Good morning deskers. Wow the 1st March already where did the last two months go. Happy St. David's Day to our Welsh participants.
Thank you all for visiting last week and just to let you know I haven't found the knitting needle but have a feeling one little furry thing could have tapped it off the table and it now rests under a piece of furniture. Which one of these innocent looking creatures do you reckon it could be - my money is on the one on the left.


The one on the right is more into paper such as newspapers or better still wool bands.

So to my desk, oh look it is tidy, yes have had to have a tidy up as things kept falling on the floor.

My project is a birthday card for my grandson, was really stumped as to what to do.With not living in the UK I feel a little ignorant of all the latest creatures etc.and when he tells me about them I have no idea what he is talking about! Seeing as he likes drawing and painting went with an easel and palate, hope he likes it.

Finally I mentioned last week that my freesias were in bud well no longer thanks to some sun shine. I leave the bulbs in my garden/pots with other plants all year and they just come up between. Their perfume is heavenly.

Thanks to Helen who sent me the knitting pattern for the shawl am certainly going to try it when I have a little free time.

Now to link over to Julia at stamping ground.stamping-ground.blogspot.com

16 comments:

  1. the card looks great to me, so do your beautiful freesias! Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it is a sign to tidy when stuff is falling the floor...or whenI can't find anything- that means I have too much of everything! time for tidy and toss! Love the scent of freesias!
    robyn 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Ani. Congrats on the number 1 slot! Those freesias are beautiful - the depth of colour is gorgeous. Imagine being able to grow them in pots in your own garden!! The card looks great to me - well done. Hope you eventually discover the needle!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #9

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card looks great! I'm sure he'll love it. Your freesias are a lovely colour. My honeysuckle is beginning to show some promise. Have a great week - EmbroidRage #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I planted some freesia bulbs some years ago but they seem to have got confused and grow at odd times then realise the weather isn't for them and die off. So I've only had leaves and nothing else since the first flowering. Glad to see you have had more success. Adore their scent. BJ#16

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card theme seems just right to me. Nice to see some colour in your freesias after the cold and snow here this week. Happy WOYWW Sarah #24

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps your cat has stashed the needle somewhere for a chance to play with it later! When you find it you will laugh about it! Have not planted freesias bulbs. Yours look so beautiful I will have to look into it. #23

    ReplyDelete
  8. the desk looks very orderly, no chance of anything falling off now..dxxx#28

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy WOYWW and congrats on the No.1 spot. Thankfully our housecat (we have 3 out on the farmyard too) does not take much notice of items around the house - she mainly sleeps when inside. Interested to hear that your part of Spain had been cold and windy - which I expect would be warm and breezy compared to the UK! We have our next holiday booked for October - trying the North Costa Blanca this time (Moraira). Very excited. Ali x #31

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ani, yes the lost knitting needle sounds like something your furry friends could be responsible for. freesias do indeed have the most glorious scent. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol love the idea of the cat stealing the needle :D I am sure your grandson will love the card and those freesias look amazing. Tracy #27

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card and I'm sure your grandchild will too. Cats can be mischievous creatures - mine seems to like dryer sheets and hair ties! Have to hide them all.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #34

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm! I love Freesias! Too early here for flowers, although some people are reporting snowdrops. None for us yet! Nice neat desk, I can certainly relate to things piling up so much they start falling off! I'm sure your Grandson will love his card! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #40

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my favourite flower - I can smell it from here :-D The card is great, I'm sure your GS will love it. I had trouble keeping up with all the fads my two boys were into!!
    Hugs, LLJ 15 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous flowers and they are so sweet too. Naughty kitties. Hope you find the needle. Happy woyww, Angela x 21

    ReplyDelete
  16. Daffs have a special meaning to me so I love to have some in the house when they are in bloom - as well as the garden I hasten to add.
    Funny enough freesia also have special meaning as mum always bought me two bunches when it was mu birthday, I just love their perfume, but not the bottled variety strangely enough.
    As for your missing needle I do not think either of those two beauties could be responsible, you must have knocked it yourself - sorry, someone has to stick up for the cats!
    Hugs, Neet xx
    ps your card will be perfect, I live in the UK but have not a clue what a teenager would want.

    ReplyDelete