Wednesday 28 December 2016

WOYWW 395

WOYWW 395  28th December 2016

Yes I am late posting again but I had to go to my sewing group this morning and had to use public transport which is virtually non-existent here. One bus does a circular tour along the beach road and up to the village, one price 1.20€ but I have my bus pass so really mustn’t complain. My car became poorly over Christmas so is in the garage for repairs, not a very happy start to the New Year and something I could do without after the expense of Christmas. But without my car I would be virtually housebound.


Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas celebrations, I love this time between Christmas and New Year, and I don’t have to think of food as the fridge is still full so all help themselves. I can therefore concentrate on doing just what I want to do. Sitting watching television, catching up on what I recorded over Christmas or deleting this programme and that programme saying what a load of rubbish, a little knitting, crocheting, even embroidery. Yes, while sorting out my workroom I came across some rather ancient embroidery that my old Aunt sent me she thought I would like to finish it! Well the cloth is yellow from old age but I may finish and wash it. Also in the parcel was this unfinished Mayflower embroidery all done in small chain stitch. Bless my Aunt she is 95 years old. 

Chain stitched Mayflower

The ancient yellow tablecloth

I also have some knitting on the go; decided as it was getting colder I needed a new jumper to go with the one I had to buy when in the UK. I have to smile when I see tourists in shorts and tee shirts at this time of year, and we locals are all wrapped up.



My desk doesn’t feature this week as there is nothing to photo. I suppose in a few weeks it will be covered with card making materials as I will have to start my Christmas cards soon! You may smile but last year I tried to make 2 – 3 a month and it certainly saved a lot of hassle November time.
OK that is me done for this week, all that needs to be said is I hope you all have a Peaceful and Healthy New Year. 

I am now off to make a cup of lemon and ginger tea and cut a piece of stollen  my weakness over the Christmas period. 

10 comments:

  1. Great looking knitting!! Hope you enjoyed your stollen cake! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ani, lovely pics. I too made a few Christmas Cards a month all year, and it was so less stressful, I shall be keeping it up this year. Hope you have a good week, and a Happy New Year. Hugs, Shaz #3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The knitting is looking good, I like the soft colour of the yarn! I hope your car gets sorted out soon, it must be tricky without it. Thanks for all the bloggy friendship and support this year, hope 2017 is healthy and happy 😃😃
    Hugs, LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your visit Ani. The embroidery has lasted well .... imagine all the hours of work. Enjoy your 2017 celebrations.
    sandra de @7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get your car back soon! I just got mine back from one of my 'kids' who 'borrowed' it after a year long without. I can't tell you how happy I am to have it back as transportation here is non-existent too.

    The embroidery is lovely. I hope you can save it!

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #19

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ani, I love the Mayflower embroidery and the table cloth.

    Your jumper is fab.

    Hope you get plenty of crafting time.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love catch up tv as well and often delete programmes I had read were good but don't do it for me. I also have a lovely old tablecloth (or two or three) that an aunt embroidered years ago. She is not with us now but she left a lovely legacy in her tablecloths.
    Funny but I was once a tourist in shorts and strappy t-shorts in March in Cyprus. The Cypriots were all wrapped up.
    So many coincidences.
    Happy New Year - Hugs, Neet 12 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love this time of the year, I find it is very relaxing.
    Love your beautiful projects!
    Happy New Year, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ani, your beautiful vintage projects rang so many bells for me! I love this old stuff. I am sure the gorgeous table cloth will come up lovely and white. People used to do such fine work and it took so long. I've got some fabulous old table linen and I do use it sometimes!

    Thank you for your lovely comment and I'm glad you like my album pages. I love the idea of a WOYWW diet club!! I'm determined to lose a bit more this year! I like my new slimmer self but there's still more work to be done.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #26

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ani, what a lovely old piece of embroidery so beautifully worked by your aunt. We've not been to Spain for many years but I do remember when we used to go about March or April seeing the locals still wrapped up and we would be in shorts because for us it felt lovely and warm. It's quite chilly here in the UK now too. Thanks for the visit to mine and hope your new year is a good one. Angela x 6

    ReplyDelete