Wednesday 14 December 2016

WOYWW 393

Ok yes I am late this week but it is still Wednesday. 
I have suddenly realised only 10 more days, help. Along with the Spanish and most Europeans I celebrate on Christmas eve with our big meal. No I haven't ordered my turkey or thought about any other eats. 

Well at least my Christmas tree and outdoor lights are up.

Obviously my house is the one with Christmas lights!














Lights down the stairs











Right for the real reason we are here, what is on my desk this week, not a lot as I am trying to tidy up for Christmas, all my cards and inserts are done.


On my other table, yes I have two work stations the one above is in my work room so I can leave projects out but the other is in my sitting room for occasional crafts. 

This is the wreath I started last week not yet finished but will be in time for Christmas, I have learnt from my mistakes and if I was to make another one, it would be smaller so using less baubles and I would cover the swimming noodle with tinsel or ribbon before starting. Maybe the finished article next week who knows.

Before I go must show you why I am late posting. I needed to go and buy some Olive oil for presents. When I arrived the locals were bringing their olives for pressing, ranging from a  man with a few sacks in his boot, a trailer full, then the big lorry overflowing with olives. While waiting for the man to serve me - he had to go and fill the bottles, then label them and find a presentation box because they were for presents, I took these photos. By the way the smell was fantastic.


 

Now to link up before I lose all again, although I was saving as I went along it didn't save and all but the first two photos were gone. Perhaps it was trying to tell me I had typed to much!

Hope you all have a good week and don't work to hard in the run up to Christmas being with family and friends are more important than anything else.







9 comments:

  1. Hi Ani, great photos. Reminds me of visits to Greece, there are Olives, and Olive Oil products everywhere.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how interesting to see the olive pressing..there is a communal apple juicing place on a nearby farm. It does very well! Your bauble wreath is really lovely...have a great week!
    Hugs, LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can wander around - no such thing as 'health and safety'.

      Delete
  3. your wreath is looking gorgeous! have a fab week! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath looks wonderful as do your Christmas decorations. Everything will come together I'm sure.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #27

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I love that your house is lit up amongst the others, how fun! and how lovely to have access to the freshly pressed oil, yum, what marvellous presents. I think the wreath looks good, but it does take a lot of baubles doesn't it, I think your notes about making another constitute good advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason mine is lit is because I am the only one living there. All the other houses are holiday homes.

      Delete
  6. Hello Ani. I'm so sorry to have not commented for several weeks - I've been away, and only just returned home. I have looked back through your blog posts - and was so very sorry to read about your son's death. I know it was expected, but that doesn't lessen the sadness and loss. May our Father God bring you His comfort at this time as you are now home in Spain and away from your family. Take care.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret May I wish you a Joyful Christmas and a Healthy and Peaceful 2017. xx

      Delete