Thursday 7 July 2016

WOYWW


Apologies for not posting yesterday but above is a picture of my Wednesday desk. Yesterday was full to capacity, first my morning sewing group then lunch with the group. Lunches here in Spain can last over 2 hours. We pay 1€ every Wednesday and when the coffers are full treat ourselves to lunch. Should have taken a photo of the lunch and the beautiful view, next week I will photo the view but unfortunately lunch will have to wait until next time!
After lunch home to watch the exciting Ferderer match, then after that the Murray match both cliffhangers. If you are watching Wimbledon who do you fancy for the men's title?
Well my desk this week holds the beginnings of Christmas cards, hard to think of when we are baking in the 30C's. I have all my Christmas stamps, then printed the appropriate Christmas music from the internet, distressed it and combined to make cards. My Christmas card theme this year is 'carols'. What would we do without the internet.

Thought I would show you the progress  of my grandson's blanket 14 colours so far and only another 4 to go. I am hoping to take it with me  to the UK and finish there so I won't have the expense of posting it. I am not sure how many colour repeats are required  possibly another two.


Below is a picture of the sea and sky this morning, the white line is the light of the horizon obviously the sun is shining over Northern Africa way.


Reading Lisca's blog I notice  a mention of post crossing where you send post cards to different people in the world so I have joined the group and sent my first five cards and am now waiting to receive some in return.

Hope you all have a good week until next Wednesday bye.











4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you joined Postcrossing! Don't forget to scan the postcards (if you have a scanner that is) so we can see them. Now you can also join the hunt to buy postcards to send. I get them online as we don't live in a tourist area and there are no postcards to be had anywhere (well, in Granada of course but that is more than an hour in the car).
    Your blanket is very colourful and will brighten up any children's room.
    Have a good week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you! Thank you for posting today, I would have liked to see the lunch, I bet it was fantastic! I love that stripy blanket you're working on but it must be so hot underneath it!
    Hugs, LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blanket. The colours are wonderful. Your desk looks ready to go.

    Postcrossing sounds like a lot of fun. I love postcards.

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #27

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rainbow colors in your blanket!
    Have a great day!
    Diane #24

    ReplyDelete