Wednesday 27 July 2016

WOYWW 373

Good morning from a sunny Manchester, yes this morning no work desk as I am in the UK, but a photo of the finished blanket I was crocheting for my grandson.

He loves it and is happy with all the bright colours, his favourite being the purple and turquiose.
It is lovely to be here in the UK and share in his last few days at junior school can't believe he will be going to high school in September - where do the years go. living abroad I have missed out on him growing up so much. I attended his final assembly yesterday titled 'we are year 6 get us out of here'. There were  many tears when they sang the last song.
All the year were presented with certificates and mortar boards, Daniels read 'for being a fabulous showman - an actor in the making. Read into that whatever you want.


Well no work desk this week but don't worry things are in the planning stages and visits to numerous craft shops are on the agenda. Must watch the luggage allowance travelling back though.

Well that's all for this week my grandson and I are off to Kent tomorrow to stay with my daughter for a few days. and his first visit to London as a treat we are taking him on the London eye tomorrow afternoon. Hope the weather is kind to us.

Thank you for all your kind wishes regarding my son, he is now nearly half way through his six week radiotherapy and you can see how it is effecting him. We all have to have a positive attitude although it is hard sometimes.

Ani xx

9 comments:

  1. No wonder your grandson loves the blanket it's fabulous! Enjoy your trip. Take care Zo xx 27

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blanket's fabulous and looks like you did a great job, from your grandsons point of view too!!!

    Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for your son with his radiotherapy too

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fun blanket, so bright and colourful and your grandson obviously loves it! My mum made something like this when we were quite young and I still remember her working on it, even though it must have been 40 years ago! My son left primary school this year too - must be the same age as your grandson! Have fun in London and hope all goes well with your son. zsuzsa #28

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ani, it is indeed a matter of keeping a good mindset through this journey. Sending him more warm wishes. It is a bit of a shock how badly it can affect you, when you only have a few moments of treatment, that you don't even feel. Love the blanket, enjoy your stay in the UK. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #24 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. have fun in the London eye, I was too afraid to really enjoy the sights :-(, and if you buy too much crafting supplies to put in your luggage you could always post them :-) Happy WOYWW Vicky #15

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blanket is lovely - I'm not surprised he likes it :-) Last week DH and I were in Yorkshire - Holmfirth and went to our grandson's Leavers Assembly - very emotional. he seems to have grown up so quickly. also can't believe he will be off to High School in September. have fun in London and very best wishes to your son. Anne x #16

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous blanket, no wonder he loves it so much. Enjoy your visits. Wishing you a happy woyww,
    Angela 14

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome blanket - It will be his treasure. I have a blanket still my great grandmother crocheted for me 45 years ago! donna #40

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have lots of fun with your grandson! Such a vibrant and lively blanket, which is why he loves it I'm sure. Prayers for your sons health. Blessings, LisaDV #35

    ReplyDelete