Wednesday 22 January 2020

WOYWW 555

22nd January
Good morning from a cold and wet Spain.

What's on my desk/table this morning well the spirit is there but not the flesh. After going to the first Dames meeting of the year and taking my cards I realised just how many I had sold in the run up to Christmas. So this following week will be making valentine, easter and birthday cards.
I managed to get some of the boxes out but that's where it stopped and the fire called me for a warm.

We have had some cold weather this last week but not as bad as the Alicante region where the airport was closed last week because of a fire and this week because of storms. So if you fancy a warm winter break either don't bother or pack warm clothes. Even the dog didn't go out for a walk for three days.

The bag hung over the bannister rail is my knitting bag ready to take to the knitting group this morning. Today I will be wearing my leg warmers from last week.

That's it for this week now to link with Julia http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/  who hosts our weekly get together.

Thanks for your visits sorry if I don't get round to commenting on all but there are a few I just cannot connect with. I do read all though.
Ani




12 comments:

  1. Sounds like we are having better weather than you Ani, up here in north west UK
    Lynn x 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh blimey, yep, leg warmers and sitting near the fire sound the ideal! the card making will be much more efficient when you’re in the mood and warm! Fancy having to close the airport, what a shambles that would have created. That’s one acclimatised dog I must say, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a walk being turned dowN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are having it so cold - hard to imagine when I am here and I just see sunshine in my mind for you. Hope you have a good day with the knitting - what is it you are doing - more leg warmers?
    Hope the fire was not too serious at the airport.
    Hugs, Neet 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I had heard that you had been experiencing colder weather. Hope you have some warmer clothes to hand for days likes this? Enjoy making and restocking your card, I have a few I need to get on with the next few months are busy Birthday months. Happy WoywW & I hope the weather soon warms so you and the dog can get outdoors. Tracey #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to be making many cards but I have been doing some much needed housework. I did make many flowers and leaves getting ready to make cards later.
    Glenda #18

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ani, I'm working on rebuilding my card stocks up too, both 'everyday' and Christmas! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 X

    ReplyDelete
  7. One doesn't think of it being cold in Spain! Hope you are keeping warm. Sorry to be so long visiting you - thanks for your visit to my blog, and glad you enjoyed seeing Ruby a la Dormouse!! Also that you liked the book - I'm showing another one this week.

    Happy very belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #13

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw on the tv about your weather, hope it picks up soon. stay warm Enjoy the knitting x Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I never imagine Spain being cold! We were thinking of having a week out there to escape our cold but maybe .... a change of plan!!
    Thank you so much for your heartwarming comment last week .... it was very kind.
    My crocheting went to a local hub who arranged transport so there was no cost involved but it's back to making blankets for the preemies now.
    Stay warm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope it warms up enough soon for you to get your new stash of cards sorted Ani. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just get all the Christmas cards out of the way and people have Birthdays, there seems to be a few about now and then there's Valentine and Easter....it's all go! We saw the weather on the news, some of the coastal areas looked terrible. Stay warm. Wishing you a happy and creative woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not been making anything other than Christmas cards for quite some time, Ani, and, like you, I have a dwindling supply of birthday cards. But, also like you, I have no enthusiasm for the task. It's cold here too but we expect it in Scotland, not so in Spain. Hope it warms up for you soon. Have a great week. Elizabeth x 20

    ReplyDelete