Wednesday 8 January 2020

WOYWW 553 8th January

Well that is all the festivities wrapped up for another year. Here is Spain they ended on Monday with Three Kings, this is when the children receive their presents. On the eve of 3 Kings there are big parades in all towns and cities locally our 3 Kings come by boat into the harbour then mount on their floats and tour the streets throwing sweets to the children. The image below is what a Spanish friend put on her fb saying years ago this playground area would be full of children with their presents but today a sign of the times and most children would have received i pads etc.

The last week has seem some cold weather here, yes you may laugh but when you have become accustomed to the very high temperatures 10C in winter is cold.
So what is on my workdesk this morning - some knitting that I can do in front of the fire. Yes it is good old fashioned leg warmers and some socks.


So that is me will be around to visit later off to my knit and natter and possibly shiver class this morning. Hope to link with Julia our host today http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. I've experienced a 3 Kings festival, it was bonkers but great fun! I'm glad yours went so well too. Great leg warmers, you're channelling your inner 80s diva, lol
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get how cold 10 degrees will feel, I think you prolly need to consider the leg warmers for yourself! I love the 3 Kings festival, the last we were at was in Adeje, Tenerife and the sense of community was marvellous...and the drums, just mesmerised by the drumming groups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the 3 Kings festival. I went to Italy a lot as a child and they celebrated Epiphany as well, more than we do here. Happy WOYWW. Hope you have a lovely week. With love and God Bless, Caro xxx (#11)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your knitting looks grand. I'm a crochet person as I never learned to knit. I'm sure the leg warmers will be a hit!
    Glenda #19

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ani, I agree years ago, there would be children everywhere outside to play with all their new toys- nowadays you rarely even see one. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great knitting. Very 'fame ' reminiscent lol enjoy knit and natter. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ani, ooh it sounds like it is a lovely sight to see when the kings arrive by boat :) Love the colors you chose for the piece being knitted too. ~Stacy #23

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ani, sorry to hear it's a bit chilly, lovely knitting though. Enjoy the rest of the festivities. Wishing you a happy creative woyww, Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The celebration sounds lovely - not something I've heard of before but I bet it's fun to witness and be part of. Enjoy your knitting by the fire - it sounds very cosy and a perfect winter activity.
    Diana x #16

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ani, my sister lives in Sabareigo, she says it gets very cold in the winter. Would have loved to see the parades for the 3 Wise men x Angela #27

    ReplyDelete