Wednesday 4 December 2019

WOYWW 548

Well that was the week that was. Never mind collapsing on Sunday I did it Saturday afternoon! Our Christmas fair and carol singing was a great success netting our charities 2500€ to date.
 This was my stall with my little helper. Needed her because I am publicity officer and have to take photos.
This is the local band and some of the audience. They are great and like a typically Spanish band play loudly.

So this is my desk at 11.30 Tuesday night. in the back ground the cat is asleep on my chair and the dog on his bed behind the chair!
Today we have had torrential rain so I have been Christmas shopping in Almeria's shopping centre, something to do on an awful day. I can still hear rumbles of thunder even at this time.
I must really get down to making my personal Christmas cards on Thursday morning so I can get them in the post of Tuesday. Friday & Sunday are public holidays here but because it falls on a Sunday Monday is also taken. The Spanish call something like this a puente means bridge.
The purple box at the back are my new boots, yes I need boots here in spain.

Saw this on facebook and thought it funny.

Am away to my bed now, busy day tomorrow sewing group in the morning and womens group in the afternoon, hope the weather is better.
Will link up with Julia our host for WOYWW http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. well done with the fund raising. hope you enjoyed your deserved collapse! Shame about the rain - although we've had plenty here recently. Great funny! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great fund raiser, you must feel so satisfied. Now time to give yourself some creative time, enjoy your play time during the holiday. Happy WoywW Tracey #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that your stall and the fair went so well - that's a great amount you've helped to raise! A bit of retail therapy sounds the best thing to do while it's raining and your pets are snoozing, lol!
    HUgs LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ani, well done on the fund raising, and hope you had an enjoyable shopping trip.The funny was a great find. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #15 X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stall looked fab - hope you sold loads. Love the turkey joke. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy WOYWW. Glad you had a successful Christmas Fair. I haven't been able to get out to any so far, but there is one at a local National Trust farm this weekend, so if the weather isn't horrendous I will venture out to get some mulled wine! You have had such mixed weather in Spain recently. When we were out we had strong winds on the last few days, then a return to autumn temperatures up in the Jalon Valley (26 degrees one day) and now the awful rain/thunder again. People say that Spain doesn't have seasons! Ali x #24

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your Christmas fair was a success. Love your animals curled up all cosy and the funny made me smile. Happy WOYWW. Take care, With Love & God Bless Caro xx (#5)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy WOYWW x Torrential rain is not fun at all, hope the shopping centre was covered! well done on your charity fund raising. Angela #24

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated WOYWDW hope you did well and it was a success at the fair, Love you busy desk and the sleeping cat and dog,

    Lilian B #14

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you manage to get all your own cards ready for posting Ani. Hope the weather improves a little too! Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete