Wednesday 18 April 2018

WOYWW 463

Firstly I apologise for not commenting on posts last week I did read most of them but on my Kindle when out and about, I just can't type very well on the Kindle or mobile.

Nothing exciting here today I have just finished doing all the inserts and bagging up the cards I have made this week. Not sure if I can keep it up if sales continue to carry on as they have the last few weeks. Have sold 40 cards in the last two weeks and that needs some work to replace.

In between card making I managed to make about 35 lavender bags, some lavender someone had left over and it seemed a shame not to use it. Sold 9 of them  on Monday at our Dames AGM.


Noticed my amaryllis has flowered this week four flowers and another stem at the bottom. Must admit I have ignored it this year and didn't trim the leaves when they died back but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. It could possibly do with re-potting this year as the bulb is rather large. Can't recall how long I have had it but it has flowered every year.


Managed to get out on Saturday and went to listen to 'The Tunas' - they are groups of minstrels from the universities and come to Mojacar for the weekend competition. They must have been extremely hot in their costumes as the temperatures were in the 20's.



  Had to laugh at this photo when they had finished singing they all crowded onto the bus to take them to the village. The poor driver. It was a case of how many Tunas can you get on a yellow bus.

That is all for this week I will try and visit and comment but won't be until tomorrow as I have my knitting group this morning and then my ladies group in the afternoon.

Life is never dull here in Spain. ☀☀


15 comments:

  1. congratulations on your sales; very impressive! enjoy your knitting group today. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive on all the sales. And those lavender bags look so delicate happy woyww hugs Nikki 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy WOYWW. No, life is never dull in Spain. This time next week we will be in the sunshine. We have a far more social life there than in the UK already, and we haven't even bought a property yet! The thought of them all crowding on the bus made me chuckle. Ali x #12

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun post. I like your blog photo. Missing our one cat...his brother hasn't adjusted well to being alone. Lovely lavender bags and always fun to make. Have a fun week #11

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, well done on selling so many cards. The lavender bags are beautiful. Hope you manage to get all caught up with replenishing supplies. Sarah #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you with the card sales and those lavender bags are really pretty.....I’m sure they will sell well. Your amaryllis is gorgeous. I had one last year that had two stunning flower stems but my new one this year didn’t flower at all.
    Hope you have a fun week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #14

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Ani. That's a tremendous number of cards sold! Well done. It is a bit gratifying, isn't it, when you see folk really appreciate what you have done? Much hard work to replace, though!! Gorgeous little lavender sachets, too - and that amaryllis is beautiful. What a week you are having!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly sound busy! I totally understand with the phone/kindle thing. Eyes and fingers much prefer to be on my pc! Have a good Wednesday, Cindy #20

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ani, love the photos, must have been a very colourful day! Lavender is one of my favourite smells, lovely little bags. Heading to Gran Canaria for a weeks holiday next week, so hopefully we'll get some of that sunshine. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pic, am familiar with the Tunas, I believe we even have s CD somewhere. Well done on the card sales, that’s really great, even if it does mean more work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those little lavender bags, so pretty! I could make some for WI, thinking about it but need to get some dried lavender from somewhere. Great card sales too, you must be hitting the right market, well done :-D
    Hugs LLJ 16 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy WOYWDW

    Well done on the sale of card and the lavender bags,

    Lilian B #17

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a mammoth task of 40 cards, I know exactly what you mean about wondering if you can keep it up as it can be a struggle when we are not creating for fun. Your lavender bags are fabulous, it has been so wet and cold in the UK recently i'm not holding out on getting any good flowers from mine this year.
    Thank you for sharing WOYWW.
    Creative wishes Tracey #13

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ani, lovely amaryllis flower, very pretty. Think I need to sell some of my cards as I seem to getting quite a collection. Have a great woyww and happy crafty week, Angela x18x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ani, that is a beautiful amaryllis, gorgeous in bloom. Also great you sold so many cards over the past weeks! Hope you're having a fantastic day! xo Cheetarah #24

    ReplyDelete