Wednesday 1 February 2017

WOYWW

Hello All and a special hello to Julia who hosts the 400 edition of WOYWW today. I am a relatively new member but have always felt accepted in this special group of worldwide bloggers. Thank you one and all.

Troubles with computer this week, it has been playing up for a while, but the other day there was a buzzing and banging sound and a switch off and on restarting no internet connection, and it appears the ethernet ??? cable has a fault. Goodness knows what that means but my friend cannot mend it so it will be a trip to the computer shop. In the meanwhile I am managing on a little notepad and my Kindle oh and my phone. Trouble is all my work and photos are on the main computer.

Now for the reason we are here my desk this week well I have transferred from my workroom and little desk to the bigger table in my sitting room so more or less same items but more spread.

Last week on a trip to Lidl I came across these craft items so in my basket they went. It is always so difficult to purchase craft items here in Spain. So two books of very good pattern card and papers, three washi tapes, three edging stamps and two ring binder books containing 300 grms plain card. So I was very pleased with my purchases.


On Monday a friend and I heard of someone having a wool sale (another thing we couldn't overlook) so setting off early in the morning we went in search and of course I couldn't resist purchasing some wool although I had said to myself earlier in the year - NO MORE WOOL!!
The wool the Spaniards have is not very good quality so to be able to purchase British wool and see the quality and colours is a bonus. How to end a pleasant morning browsing than to have a lovely and delicious tapas lunch.
There are some benefits.


So the card making has gone on hold again and now I am knitting myself a cardigan. Very easy pattern 5 knitted rows and 1 purl row form the pattern.

Also with the weather improving each day I can knit outside in the sunshine.

Ok that's me done for this week hope you all have a good productive week. See you all next week for 401 WOYWW.


10 comments:

  1. That's computers for you and they always tend to do it when you need them most. Still you're here now so that's good. How nice to be able to sit out in the sunshine don't think we will be doing that here for a while. Have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x 23

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL DONE on snagging bargains on crafting materials, should keep you out of mischief for a while!

    Happy 400th WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #19

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great crafty bargain hunting. Happy 400th WOYWW Sarah #17/18?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh can't beat a crafty bargain from an unusual source. looking forward to seeing the cardigan when finished and very jealous re the weather. Tracy #31

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ani. Happy 400th. I'm so glad you feel a part of this family - especially as your last months have been so very difficult. Thank you so much for your lovely comment - don't feel I have done much apart from visit and try to write encouraging comments... but if that has been an encouragement and support to you, then I'm really glad!
    Well now, the question is... did you remember the groceries you went into Lidl for in the first place?? Great crafty bargains though - and the wool is lovely. All makes for a couple of exciting mornings...
    Mrs D and I are heading off to Manchester on Friday to a craft show - hmm - always tempting places - usually have some great offers. Might have to not spend on groceries this week, then!
    Take care dear girl. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lucky you When I lived in Manchester always used to go to the craft shows how I miss them. Groceries what groceries were those haha. Enjoy your trip wish I was going with you.

      Delete
  6. Happy 400th and good luck with the knitting! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. CraftyAni, I know I already visited once but .. you left a comment on my blog about my tags and the postage .. postage was actually FREE!!! No, I couldn't believe it either!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, to knit outside in the sunshine! Bliss! Today is Groundhog Day in Canada, where we ask groundhogs to come out of their burrows and tell us, by whether they see their shadows or not, if we will have an early Spring (4 weeks away) or a late Spring (6 weeks away). Today's celebrity groundhogs came up with a short spring! Hopefully they are telling the truth! Looks like you got some great bargains - I love the color of the wool you found! Happy 400th, and thanks for sharing! Lindart #47

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card stock colours are bright. I recently got into cross stitching pictures to go on birthday cards when I discovered a local craft shop sold the envelopes and cards individually in every colour of the rainbow. Certainly helps me along with actually doing it if I know I haven't got to cut it all up first! Jumper's coming along nicely. Look forward to seeing it again next week. All the best, EmbroidRage #8 x

    ReplyDelete