Wednesday 25 January 2017

WOYWW 399 25th January


Firstly thank you all for visiting last weeks WOYWW and leaving your lovely comments. I really enjoy reading them.

What a busy week I have had, out to lunch three times. When am I going to start that diet? 
First lunch was with the 'flutterkickers' - my swimming exercise group that meet in the summer months, but we keep in touch during the winter by having a lunch date once a month. 
Second lunch the Dames in Spain (pretty much like the WI in the UK) it was called Winter Warmers lunch, everyone was so busy around Christmas to have a Christmas lunch so hence this one. 
The third was at a friends house, who wanted to know how I made these 'The cross in your pockets'. I made them as a talent a few years ago when all our church congregation was given 5€ and asked at least to double it. She had been given £5 by her church in the UK and asked to double it. She had brought the materials over from the UK but couldn't decide how to put them together, so a pleasant morning spent sewing and of course gossiping then a lovely roast chicken dinner for my troubles. When she said lunch I never expected a roast. 


Hence with all this gadding about my desk is not looking very productive but I did glace at my birthday book to see what special cards would be needed in the next three months. My daughter in law will be 45 and loves her bingo so I have been trying to design a card with the bingo numbers including 45. Then I have another friend who will be 90 and thought ok - 90 is top of the house so perhaps I could kill two birds with one stone so to speak but bingo is certainly not his thing, but then perhaps Scrabble is. So this is my desk:-

Well once I had removed my faithful companion. 
Not very interesting but at least I have made a start.

Remember last week when I said the weather was cold well this week we had some snow on the mountains, virtually unheard of so near to the coast.


Thankfully it has warmed up now and today was a very pleasant 23C sat in the sun, but must admit it does go colder once the sun disappears.

I am a little late posting this but as I've said before Wednesday is a busy day for me, with sewing/knitting group in the morning and a Women on Wednesday meeting in the afternoon. And to crown it all my computer didn't want to wake up this morning, then the internet didn't work, and even typing this I have had to keep saving as the computer keeps cutting out.
But here goes now to link up with Julia at

http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/



18 comments:

  1. The family picture as your banner is fabulous. It sounds like your week was enjoyable and full of action. Bet your part of Spain has some interesting places for lunch!
    Monica #36

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kitties and doggy! I know where you can get some Bingo cards to print out....go see my WOYWW post. Happy WOYWW NancyH #55

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy for the bingo cards. hope you have a good week

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you've had a busy (and fun time) with all those lunches! Glad it's warmed up - will be a while before that happens here lol.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #34

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lunches are great but the waist line suffers.

      Delete
  4. well done for trying to plan ahead with your birthday cards, I need to do my February ones too.. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cross in your pocket makes, they are superb! Bravo! It sounds like you had good fellowship to boot!!!! TFS! WOYWW for yesterday! Anne #7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must have made over 100 but now have no plastic and I cant buy it in Spain. Well that's my excuse.

      Delete
  6. Hi Ani, your little helper is beautiful! Good luck with the bingo themed cards, great idea. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love her to bits she is my faithful companion. Always waiting for me behind the door when I return home.

      Delete
  7. Love being a "lady who lunches" so hats off to you and your girlfriends.
    Love your cat !
    Good luck with the birthday cards.
    It has been cold in Phoenix too - and I took warm clothes as I was warned but I was still cold.
    Hugs & Thanks for visiting me, Neet 2 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't lunch as often as I used to, exchange rates etc means we get less €'s to the £ these days and something had to go. Making good use of my knitted jumper from last week.

      Delete
  8. Have you blogged how to make the cross in you pockets? They are lovely. God Bless BJ#27

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No perhaps I could make my first youtube video haha. Thanks for visiting have a good week. Ani

      Delete
  9. Great start on those cards! I love the pocket crosses, they look soft and touchable! I love my lunches out with friends - makes my week! More important than calories. . .! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #46

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, what a week, Ani. All those lunch invites! Diets are over-rated, I reckon!! Shouldn't worry about it. Well done on helping your friend with those little cross in my pocket gifts. Hope she manages to sell them well and support her church.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete