Tuesday 7 February 2017

WOYWW 401

Good Morning all and what have we on our work desks this bright and sunny morning - well it is bright and sunny here in Spain.

I am early today need to get this done before I go to my sewing class as the group are having lunch after the meeting. We pay 1€ a week into the kitty and when we have sufficient funds we have a lunch together at the bar/restaurant where we meet. 

So this was my desk on Tuesday evening.

I have been using the card/papers I bought from Lidl last week, they are what I call mix and match, the plain colours matching with the pattern card. I was so pleased with them went back to buy some more but they had been on special offer and of course they had all gone. 

I have finished the card I was making for my daughter in law but I can't show it to you just in case she reads this. Then another two cards are in the process using the Lidl buys. 

I have also started knitting the cardigan from the wool purchased last week, lovely wool to knit with. I will take this to the sewing group with me as it is something I can do and talk at the same time. Haha. Years ago I used to cross stitch and when I arrived home had to unpick all I had done, talking and cross stitch certainly doesn't go together.


Sorry I didn't get around to all last week it was a bumper contribution being the 400th. Will try to do better this week.

Hope you all have a good week and now to link up with Julia at

http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/

17 comments:

  1. have a great lunch - sounds like a fun time ahead. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ani. Have a great "knit and natter" today - and enjoy your lunch out. A real treat. That yarn is gorgeous - love the colours, and a great bargain from Lidl!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy desk! Love all the colorful card. I bought some yarn last week to make a cap and scarf and have yet to get started on it but it is a variegated self striping yarn like that. I really love it. 'have a great week. Vickie #23

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a go for it desk! Love the idea of putting some pennies aside each week until you can all treat yourselves! Superb! Happy WOYWW! Anne#10

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha ha there IS a desk under the card...and I agree talking and stitching does not work! I am learning breton and alsace embroiderie stitches from my near neighbour and we work in complete companionable silence (miraculous for me) ... novel, but actually very relaxing and no unpicking afterwards! Dxxx #31

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to cross stitch too - you are right you need to be able to concentrate- one of the reasons i gave up. Enjoy the natter at sewing club. ohh and Sunshine ..how lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, cross stitch needs concentration, lol! I've just joined a knit and natter group, they're a lovely bunch and make things for charity. I do love your header pic of the cat and dog, that made me smile!!
    Hugs, LLJ 18 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card selection, shame it was all gone when you returned. I got some 12x12 scrapbook papers for 10p each at the weekend too. Difficult not to buy too much at that price but my card file is bursting now! BJ#9

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that always to case - you want more and they are all gone! Happens to the best of us! Your sewing group sounds like fun, I had a friend in a group like that and they called it a "Stitch and Bitch"! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #45

    ReplyDelete
  10. I help run a bring your own craft club at the local community centre.. it's so much fun as everyone brings such different things.. but as you say.. it has to be "easy" things otherwise the chatter gets in the way of concentration lol

    Have a great week
    Erika #46

    ReplyDelete
  11. I go to a cake and crafting group and usually take crochet work with me - that way I can work and chat at the same time. Shame about the papers being sold out - just when you've found some that you like too. Love the colours in your knitting. Hope you had a lovely lunch. Elizabeth x #21

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS: I forgot to mention that I love your banner photo - so nice to see cats and dog getting along well. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea that Lidl sold crafty stuff will have to look into this. Knitting looks lovely. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 20

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful creation your knitting Annie. And glad you found some good card and bought it before it all ran out!
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
    Shaz in Oz.x 13

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your pets!Great knitting!
    Good to get card- always useful.
    I live in Adelaide a city in southern Australia- so it's our Summer here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh I hope you had a nice lunch, what a great way to extend an already nice morning session! Couldn't agree more about talking and crafting, it really does have to be something you can do in your sleep. lovely pattern emerging from the wool, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ani, I do hope you enjoyed your lunch, nothing is as good as relaxing time spent with like minded friends! Have the rest of a lovely week, and thank you for so many good wishes. Hugs, Shaz Xxx #4

    ReplyDelete