Friday 1 April 2016

Sunny Easter
The weather this Easter has been lovely, much warmth and sunshine.  A little different from previous years.
We went up to the village Good Friday to see the procession. I haven't seen an Easter procession for years always being involved with church does make it difficult.
Here are a few photos I took. The first is the float being carried out of church and down the steps, the second shows how the float just fits through the village streets.



These floats are carried round the village down and back up a very steep hill.
Our village procession was only on a small scale the bigger towns providing more decorative and much larger statues.





 This is a photo of my two cats they often lie upside down together on the chair but this morning I caught them both face forward. It's hard to believe they are brother and sister.  Kavvie is long haired and QC short haired, when they were kittens they were nearly identical. They are nearly always together and if they aren't both in at night they meow for one another. I remember once when QC had to spend the night at the vets, it was a long noisy night as Kavvie walked round the house meowing for her.

I have been trying to teach myself to crochet these past two weeks and completed the first blanket this week, nothing fancy but someone may be glad of it to keep a little one warm.
 I am now hoping to crochet a colourful granny stripe blanket for my bed. Watch this space.

Tuesday was the 'flutterkickers' lunch, we are a group who meet twice a week in the summer months to do some swimming and mouth exercises in the pool! During the winter months and to keep the group together we have a lunch the last Tuesday in the month.

Wednesday is 'my' day - sewing group in the morning, I have just recently rejoined this group after many years absence and am really enjoying their company. Then in the afternoon I go to the WOW ( women on Wednesday) an open group any lady can come along to. No rules just a good natter and liquid refreshment, If you want to sell things you can, anything from cakes etc, clothes, books whatever you want to get rid of! There is sometimes a nail beautician there as well as a lady who reads the cards and we have a small raffle and donate the proceeds to a local charity. Anything goes within reason!

Gosh it is the fourth month where have they gone. I love these early months of April, May and June with the light evenings and warm days, look on it as my Mojacar before the tourists start to come and take over all the parking spaces and everywhere is busy and noisy.






1 comment:

  1. Would sure love to see that Workdesk!...
    #23 from last week ;-) at WOYWW

    ReplyDelete