Wednesday 6 October 2021

WOYWW 644

Good morning to all, looks like it is going to be another beautiful day here. This is what I woke up to this morning.

So to continue the morning theme this is my breakfast I am eating while I type.


This is a typical Spanish breakfast tostada con tomate sometimes with tuna or cheese, ham etc. 


Well the table is still in situ and has seen some work this week, I thought the Pigs in Blankets that Annie made were great and asked for the pattern as I have some veggie friends and wouldn't like them to miss out at Christmas! Also I think I will get away with enclosing them a Christmas card to send to the UK.

All was made from stash I had so was pleased with myself I didn't have to go searching for materials. Thank you Annie 

The intention last week was to start on the C cards but that went out the window.

Next week the table will be coming down as I am off to my daughters while I have some work done at home. Will have to decide what crafts to take with me, not that I seem to have much time for crafting while I am there.

Thank you for all your messages about QC it still seems strange without her, but I have never known one of my animals take the passing of another animal so badly as Barney. Think he is slowly coming to terms with it but is never far from my side. The test will come next week when I leave him at home.

Off to prepare for my sewing/knitting group our numbers are increasing as people have started drifting back to their holiday homes for the winter. It will be interesting to see how they cope with the 90 day stay, but haven't heard anyone who is selling up because of it.

Joining up with Julia at WOYWW pop along and see what it is all about.




14 comments:

  1. I, too, loved the "pigs in blankets" but couldn't say so without logging in to Google :) I am too stubborn for my own good! Yours are super cute as well and how lovely to use stash. Breakfast across the world is so different - The Hubster often comments on the Japanese brekkie of a gloopy rice porridge with fish and he loves it while I go UGH! Yours looks a bit more acceptable but I would struggle to give up my oatmeal.

    Happy WOYWW, early today :)
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your cat. My cat changed when my dog died (mine was the other way around)but in a good way. She took on some of his traits and it helped me with his passing (a bit). I hope Barney is ok when you go away.
    I love tomatoes on toast and often have that for lunch, loads of salt & pepper. Is that what yours is?
    Love the piggies - what a fab job you made of them.
    Hugs, neet 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the piggies! Annie kindly sent me the pattern too but I havent’ had the chance to make them up yet, thought they’d be fun for the WI Craft club ladies to have a go. Have a good time next week and give poor Barney a hug from me.
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to see you’ve made some piggies....fab job done too.
    Big hugs to you and Barney,
    Annie x #7

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've accomplished a lot ! I am so sorry about your loss. We had 2 and when Bax died Bailey took 3 months to settle in. He'd look for him and had loud meows, It was heartbreaking, he's also changed likes the attention and almost talks to us !!! 2x a week I have somewhat the same breakfast I use eggs instead of meat, salsa, cheese in a soft shell in fact I'm taking a break for that right now, starving it 5 A.M. here Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pigs are fab ! Hope Barney copes when you're away . The sunrise was stunning Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pigs in blankets Ani. I do hope both you and Barney will be OK when you have to leave him next week. Enjoy the time at your daughter's. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sunrise, the pigs in blankets are cute. Happy WOYWW! Elle #21, EOTC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pigs in blankets. Such a beautiful sunrise. Happy WOYWW Angela #8

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little pigs are adorable! Interesting looking breakfast!
    Have fun with your daughter!
    Carol N #19

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your choice of breakfast….as it’s early Thursday morning am now rethinking just plain old toast! Your pigs in blankets are marvellous, will make your veggie friends giggle! That Annie, she’s clever! I must say that at this stage of my life, the 90 day rule wouldn’t be an issue. wonder how many houses will be end up on the market. May be a few knee jerk reactors, for sure, and then yes, I suppose there will be numbers who can’t comply. Be interesting to see. Nothing can be as economically bad as a whole year with barely any owners coming and going, can it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about your cat. Our Thea mourned and needed special care for weeks when we lost her brother.
    I love your pigs in blankets.
    Gracie and Bella send meows to Barney. Take care
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 15

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated WOYWW. Oh how I miss those Spanish sunrises and the gorgeous breakfasts (preferably eaten outside with a view to enjoy). The 90 day rule would affect us, as we always planned to stay for just under the 6 months (well, me anyway, to save me having to travel). However, 3 months is better than nothing and I certainly wouldn't say no to a Spanish holiday home right now! So sorry for the loss of your cat. We are dreading when our Milky is no longer with us - she is such a big part of our lives. Those pigs in blankets are adorable. Ali x #4

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ani, I seem to have got behind this week as there have been lots of distractions but always like to try and visit everyone if I can. Beautiful photos and loving the little piggies. Wishing you a very happy belated woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete