Wednesday 15 September 2021

WOYWW 14th September 2021

 Wow 2 weeks of September gone already. 

I have started to get some of my mojo back this last week, firstly someone gave me some bottles and miniture lights to go inside them to make some Christmas lamps. They were purchased last year but because of lockdown and no Christmas fair weren't used. The bottles took some cleaning and the transfers they gave me are rub on ones that have lost their rub on over lockdown. It will be a trip to the Chinese store to see if they have any stickers to decorate them.




Another craft I have been seeing on the internet is the crochet wind spirals, found some patterns on  You Tube and by taking a bit from one pattern and a bit from another think I think I have sussed the perfect pattern now.


Not easy the hold up and take the photo yourself.








Thought it was going to be a little cooler now we are into September but not really, we had a few drops of rain yesterday. Happened to be the day my daughter came to see me but whats it matter, we managed to have a lovely lunch out and a good natter. I am so pleased she is enjoying her life in Spain and has settled into the Spanish way of life.  

That's it from me tonight I am on my way to bed now. Hope you have a good week and I see I can link up with https://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/before I go to bed, one less thing to do in the morning. 




11 comments:

  1. Well this is an early post and I should be in bed but there you go! The bottles are going to look lovely and the crochet wind spirals are lovely. Have a lovely woyww whatever you choose to do this week. Hugs, Angela x5x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that crochet spiral!! I am sure the bottles will be gorgeous when you have decorated them, I hope you find some replacement rub ons that work! Glad that your daughter is settling in to her Spanish way of life. Happy WOYWW Helen #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. What clever crochet spirals Ani, I have never seen anything like them before. I do hope you manage to sort the bottles - it is annoying when rub ons won't stick. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing your lamp bottles Ani. Your crochet spiral is very effective, too.
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. We made similar bottles to that at our WI craft club and we used napkins to decorate, just peel off the first layer with the pattern on and use PVA or Mod Podge, very effective! The crochet spiral is great fun too, really like that, I’ve never seen anything like it before - it looks complicated to make!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some Gin bottles that I've none this to (not mine, sis in laws....!) They are all different colours so I just left them at the were. Really pretty! (But the lights didn't last long! I never seen a crochet spiral wing thingy! Great Idea!! Have a Happy WOYWW! Stay Safe, Keep crafting ((Lyn)) #22

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your crochet wind spirals look very interesting, can't wait to see how the bottles look all lit up. Happy WOYWW! Elle #11 this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the spirals, When I was scrolling down thought it was a snake lol
    Love the idea of lights in bottles,

    Take care and stay safe, Lilian b #19

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those spirals. if you don't manage to get some stickers or whatever, you can use soe alcohol inks on the bottles and they will look nice. I have a bottle I covered in air dry clay years ago and textured it then went over it with perfect pearls. You could do that and leave gaps for the lights to show through. Just a couple of ideas.
    Hugs, Neet 1 xx
    ps glad your daughter has settled

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing spirals, though I admit when I saw the first one I thought it was a snake! Thank you for your visit. If you let me know what sort of images you are after I will see what I have to send you. Have a great week Angela #2

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bottles are a cute idea. I wonder if there will be Xmas fairs this year? It seems a bit early to feel confident in any "winter" decision. As to the photos, I have an app, might be called SAY CHEESE, or something like that. It lets you set up the photo then just say "CHEESE" (or a word of your choice!) and you phone will snap the photo. I use it all the time :D

    Happy WOYWW, so very late!
    Mary Anne (9)

    ReplyDelete