Wednesday 25 November 2020

WOYWW 599

 Thank you for all your visits last week if I didn't visit you I apologise just as I am getting over one medical experience I had another on Thursday. Was taking Barney out for a walk up the mountain and called him back so this excited dog comes flying down at high speed I knew he was going to hit me but couldn't move quick enough only managed to turn sideways and wham straight into my side and of course I ended up on the ground. Resulting in a bruised knee and elbow, but worst of all bruised ribs. Perhaps I should have gone to hospital because the ribs are so painful, but if I had cracked or broken them they wouldn't do anything. Trying to do simple things is so painful.

So on to Wednesday and another WOYWW so what's on your desk this morning (or last night). Sorry the photos aren't good but taken with a flash last night.

This has become my dumping desk.


The Christmas material is to make some masks, you have to wear masks when you set foot outside your own grounds. 
 

This is the working desk

These are a few squares I have been crocheting to make a blanket for my chair.

We are still under municipality arrest, not allowed to leave our villages, but fortunately here in Mojacar we are well catered for and shops, bars and restaurants are open for business until 6.00pm, so we can meet friends for coffee or lunch as long as there are no more than six at one table, we have curfew 10.00 til I think 7.00. I even managed to get my hair cut today just walked in without an appointment. It is really quiet as all the 'swallows' that come for the winter months are not here. These swallows more than double the resident numbers during the winter months. But we are safe.

I hope you are all managing to keep busy and safe.

Ani xx


16 comments:

  1. I do hope your ribs are less sore soon Ann. Waiting to find out what will be happening locally from next week depending on the tier we are in after lockdown. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your ribs, they can be painful to heal indeed. At least you can get out a little - like Sarah says, we're waiting for the next announcement! Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor you Ani, ouch to the thought of the ribs I hope they heal very soon. Enjoy those things you are allowed to do, we too like Helen & Sarah are waiting to hear what we can and can not do having been in lockdown for the past month. Take care & carry on crafting. Happy WoywW Tracey 12 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your fall and hope you feel better soon, Not sure what's going to happen when we get the next set of rules we have to follow,

    Happy WOYWDW Stay well and safe

    Lilian B #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. He’s a big old dog to be bowling you over, no wonder you hurt yourself - ribs are a nightmare, they’re so sore and will take time to heal. I’m glad you can get out and about a little, we can to but are still being cautious.
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ani. Oh my! Your dog must have come down that hill at some speed to knock you flying in that way. I wish you well in your recovery. I love the colours of those squares - that blanket for yourself is going to be beautiful. Can't leave your village? Dear me - that's hard. I know we can currently travel anywhere in Wales but are being asked not to go across the border as England are locked down... but they have just announced, apparently, that up to 3 families can meet for Christmas. A limited window, no swapping and changing which three families, etc - but it should mean I may be able to see my girls...
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m delighted to read that you’re safe, I must say I think the Spanish government has aced the lockdown methods. If ever there was a time to really enjoy the community you live in. Am so sorry about your poor ribs. You’re right about the treatment, but they might bind them for you, give a bit of support. Oh you poor thing. I’m surprised you’re getting anything done to be honest, I do like the idea of a Christmas mask, I must say. Hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear no fun Ani especially ribs they are so painful with every breath. Healing Thoughts and prayers coming your way, glad it’s okay in your part of town too including haircut!
    Take care dear Ani no more side on head ons please.
    Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Ani, good to hear you are not getting all those Swallows! If they're usually British they'd pretty much all be ignoring the rules! Sad to say, to most of us it's no surprise that cases are rising over here, to many 'know it all' idiots. Should have been much stronger mask wearing rules, and fines, right from the start. Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #10 X

    ReplyDelete
  10. my Crafters Companion must be older than yours as it doesn't have the bow maker attachment. I didn't have an instruction booklet with mine so have never been able to work out how to so the envelope properly! But they are good! Barney didn't mean it! He just loves you too much! When I was dog walking I got knocked downor pulled down a few tmes and the dogs would usually jump on me asking if I was all right, or they'd think it a game! The ginger bread men look almost eatable!
    Happy WOYWW?! Stay Safe #24

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, haircuts....I remember those.... LOL! and yep, I have one of those purple CC things. Rarely use it but sometimes it is just what I need so I hoard it....

    But oh my! So sorry about your doggie collision. Hope you recover quickly and can finish your Gingerbread boys, before they run run as fast as they can...

    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ani, I think the Spanish are being sensible, there are still people here that we see in the supermarket that are not wearing masks. They are planning to allow people to get together for Christmas despite the fact that so far the number of deaths has not gone down at all. Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you're feeling better soon. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear of your medical experience! hope you are improving.
    The restrictions here in Victoria, Australia seemed to have worked!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan Renshaw #26
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you must be sore! Wishing you a speedy recovery, they don’t seem to do much for ribs do they. Hoping yours are much better soon. A belated happy WOYWW Angela #25

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you feel better soon! Sore ribs make the most simple tasks very challenging! Nice squares! I have four afghans in varying states of completion. I know they will not be completed by Christmas!

    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah #32

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay so its not just me thats got a dumping desk then. Love a bit of crochet!
    Ellie #31

    ReplyDelete