Wednesday 5 February 2020

WOYWW 557

5th February
Good Morning to all deskers.
Well normal service has resumed in the Marshall household. Back to work after a very extended break and my quality controller is keeping half an eye on things.


Needed to make some different cards so thought I would have a go at a concertina/accordian card. I am quite pleased with the finished results but needs a few tweaks. Also with the different layers it becomes very heavy and postage is expensive from Spain so instead of using card will be looking for patterned paper.

Below is a photo of some of my knit and natter group, we are at our temporary venue for another couple of weeks. As you can see a fair amount of coffee is drunk in these two hours. We have knitting, crochet, embroidery, quilting, just about anything that makes up crafting and at the moment that can be carried up two flights of stairs!

Someone put this on fb last week fortunately my cat has learnt to sit on the arm of the chair and not touch my wool as I knit!

So that is me for this week now to link with Julia our hostess for WOYWW.http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ click on the link and see what we all get up to.


10 comments:

  1. your knit and natter group looks a lot of fun! Hope you find a lighter weight version of your accordion card as it is gorgeous. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done, that concertina card requires patience and erm, measurings, am super impressed at your possession of both!! I see your KnitandNatter friends are all in layers for winter, so that sunshine is a bit deceiving for now then...although it’s so much nicer that’s grey skies when it’s cold. Lanzarote was lovely and warm thanks for asking, As high as mid 80s most days. Just what the doctor ordered for us, we were hoping for blue skies but the warmth was a real bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of your Knit and Natter group - bet you put the world to rights whilst creating something lovely! My cat knows not to touch my yarn when I'm crocheting as well!!
    HUgs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good natter group. I've started going to a craft club and we call it Craft and Chat though it should be the other way round! Nice card too. Wishing you a happy crafty woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy WOYWDW.. It good to have a natter group. I am going to start to go to a knit and natter group again,

    Lilian B # 9

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have a Supervisor who loves to sit on my desk. What a great group of ladies to knit with. My knitting has more air than wool in it by the time I have finished, so I stick to paper craft! #18

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ani, lovely pic of your knitting group. Love the accordian card, only done one or two of those, as you say keeping down the bulk is the biggest problem. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great photo of your knit and natter group Ani. Such fun to share with like minded people. The card looks great but paper would be less bulky/heavy for posting. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quality controller and your knit and natter group look lovely. Really nice accordian card. Happy WOYWW. Have a lovely week, with love and God Bless, Caro xxx (#20)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant quality controller! I hope everything passed muster to such a critical eye! Lovely to have a group to knit with. I love your card - the feathers are particularly pretty with the gorgeous shapes and colours. It's easy to get carried away adding stuff and making things too heavy for the post, so it's very good thinking to plan that into the initial design.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #16

    ReplyDelete