Wednesday 12 June 2019

WOYWW 523

Hello friends, Gosh this is a busy week, just when I should be slowing down for the heat of the summer.

Firstly my live-in friend has his family here from the Czech Rep. although they are staying in an hotel, you still feel as you have to be with them. It is hard work for me because they only speak Czech no English or Spanish. 

Heard about a new Chinese shop that had opened in the next village so had to go and explore. These are just a few goodies I purchased. Most of my embellishments etc come from our vast array of Chinese shops. The flowery headbands (1€) I cut the flowers off and use for decoration. 

 Wonder if anyone else is finding this happening? Last week I had to go and buy bigger plastic boxes that I store my different card, papers, etc. in. The reason I seem to be accumulating more stock. Mustn't be working fast enough that's all I can say as I am sure I haven't purchased any for ages.

Below are two snoods/cowls I knitted while watching tv in the evening. Thought the white one was a little short so the green in a little longer. Only takes one ball of chunky wool.
Must away I have a doctors appointment and then on to sewing group this morning.

PS the weather here is beautiful.

8 comments:

  1. The only thing I've ever found in my Chinese shop in my town is food, tea, and joss paper. Sounds like you have found the perfect place for embellishments.

    Lovely cowls. I haven't knitted (or crocheted) in years. Since I was a teen, in fact. Happy WOYWW from # 8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you have local access to get your crafty stuff! I like the snoods, they're the equivalent of my TV crochet blanket, don't have to think too much!
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ani, weather here in the UK at the moment is dull and wet, not June like at all. I'm always having to upgrade storage, lol. I think it breeds in there! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #10 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ani, hope all went well at the Doctors & you was able to enjoy your craft class. I've been abroad & recently returned to a rather wet England, i'd take that hazy sunshine back any time of the day. Happy WoywW Tracey #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the snoods! The weather here is wet wet wet! Would love some sun please! Happy WOYWW. with love & God Bless. Caro (#19) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My craft stash expands too... can't blame not buying though! we'd be wearing the snoods here, it's cold and wet and horrid! Happy WOYWW Helen #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snoods are lovely and they are perfect sofa knits too. And if it gets much colder here I might have to start wearing mine again. You found some lovely items at the Chinese shop. Enjoy your time with your visitors. Elizabeth x #26

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad the weather is good for someone Ani lol. Nice haul from the Chinese shop. Love the snoods, just the thing for the UK at the moment. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete