Wednesday 12 December 2018

WOYWW 497

Good morning and a little early it is. Went to bed at 9.30 last night and of course woke at 3.45 and cannot get back to sleep.

Time to relax a little before the big day not that I celebrate over the top. Here in Spain the big meal is Christmas eve and Christmas day is more like our Boxing day, the 26th is back to work, until New Year, then back to work again and more celebrating 5th/6th January when the children receive their gifts from the Three Kings.

I completed the last of my three Christmas fairs on Saturday not quite as successful as the other two but then I didn't have the same amount of stock.


My table at 4.30 this morning is this - not very exciting. just a few unsewn felt decorations. I managed to get some adhesive numbers for the advent calendars but they will have to wait until next year now. The box on the left contains all that remains of my Christmas cards and the box on the right contains my everyday cards that I took with me last Saturday to boost the stock a little. By the weekend all will be packed away for another year. Christmas materials that is.
Then after a little cleaning I will be ready to put my tree and other decorations up.

I was sat on my terrace the other night and the colours of the sky were beautiful when the last fishing boat came slowly across making its way home into the fishing port of Garrucha. These fishermen spend a 12 hour day on the water, I am usually woken up at 6.00am when they all leave the port chugging away with full lights across the dark Med. I think it is a dying occupation as they aren't as many as 20 years ago.

Well that is me for today, off to make a coffee. Later today the sewing/knitting group have our Christmas lunch so something to look forward to. This will be my only Christmas lunch this year as the other groups I belong to have decided to have Three Kings Luncheons in January as so many people go back to the UK for Christmas.

Will leave you with this.



13 comments:

  1. LOL at those palm trees!! I thought you were around commenting early, I had a similar early wake up today too but stayed in bed; post already scheduled and published lol!! I hope to put some decorations up soon too or it will be too late to bother Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those palm trees made me lol Ann. Sorry you woke up so early, but glad that the last two craft fairs went well. Hope the decorations go up easily. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my those Palm Trees.. what a sight to see so early hee hee!!
    It's awful when we wake so early and can not get back to sleep but seeing that view and watching the sunrise would be worth the early rise. Stunning.
    Like you I will be getting the Tree and Dec's out this weekend, have fun.
    Happy WOYWW Tracey #7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Ani. I did wonder whether you were having a bad night when I turned on this morning and found you had already commented. I was up between 2.45 and 4.15 - woke up and couldn't get back to sleep - so lay and read a book!!! Well done on the craft fairs - now a few days off before everything winds up again!. Love that picture of the palm trees - made me laugh - but I do agree... doesn't look quite right, does it???
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahahahahaha!! That last pic made me spit out my coffee :-D. Thanks for sharing that, it cheered me up no end this morning! Interesting to hear how Christmas is celebrated so differently in Spain, I was reading yesterday that until the Gregorian calendar changed everything in Britain, Jesus' birth was celebrated on 6th January as well.
    You're right about doggy owners liking crafts for their dogs, I've always found that everything goes in the craft fair!
    Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi the Ani yes those trees look really pretty, I like them, in the right place but not down my fenceline with neighbours and get all the ginormous branches, plus huge heavy seed things which l’il ole me struggles with!! I’ve had all big trees taken out for this very reason.
    Love your desk, and I’m getting my decs out this week too and tree.
    Happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ani, and thanks for the laugh! That picture is so funny. I got woken early this morning, by an owl hooting, of all things. Very loud, sounded like he was right outside the window!Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz X#5

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy WOYWDW Love the picture of your animals they all look cosy, Great lookig dest and love the view over the see,

    Lilian B #13

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh good grief, the trees!!!
    You have done well with your preparations ani, like you, I like to have a clean up and put away session before I actually decorate or put Christmas stuff out, I need to pull my finger a little farther out! Beautiful view, what a lovely to way to unwind at the end of a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous view and OH! those palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there. I am very behind with all my preparations and I don't sleep well either :-( I am still giggling at the decorated trees! :-) Anne x #21

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, that was a gorgeous view. The decorated palm trees is hilarious! Have a great week. Dorlene #25

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my goodness, those trees! We're planning a quiet Christmas at home this year too - at our age there's nothing like cosying up in front of the television and just relaxing. Your photo of the sunset is beautiful. It's a sad fact that there is such a decline in fishing but it does sound like a hard life. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #18

    ReplyDelete