Wednesday 14 November 2018

WOYWW 493

Wow only another 7 and WOYWW will reach the 500 mark. That must be some achievement.

So for the 493 week what has been happening?
My desk at 6.15 this morning.

It has been a week of mixed crafts mostly card making but still have only about 100 ready for the fairs. My knitting on the left, have to put it there over night or the dog will chew it. Someone asked about a white gollywog so that is what I am knitting. (Note the little bag Jan (LLJ) I have found it most useful I bought tape measure, needles, scissors etc especially for it so I only have to pick the bag up and hey presto have all to hand. Much appreciated Jan.

I had a go at the strips of paper cards this week and this is the result (see Shazsilverwolf post). Not a very good photo because they are packed in cellophane bags and the strips are metallic paper.
Very quick and easy to make thanks Shaz.

Haha just noticed Barney's head top middle of the photo, he probably thinks what is she doing up at this time. Well the answer is the cat slept on my bed last night and when the fishing boats go out at 6.00 she wakes up and wants to leave the bedroom.

That's me for this week but leave you with this I saw on fb.




12 comments:

  1. Morning Ani. Love the bright cheerful cards. Like the little notice too.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ann, I must have a go at some of those strip cards, they seem to be a great way of using up scraps. I've seen Shaz's posts too. Hope you have a great week. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. the strip cards look fab.. you've been working well for your fairs. helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy WOYWW - and hope you escape the forecasted rain in the next few days (we noticed it will be bad further up in Javea etc). I love those paper strip cards. Reminds me of one of my most favourite craft techniques - Iris Folding. Ali x #12

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sentiment at the end of your post. Very good!
    My, you have been busy and I am intrigued by the white gollywog - hope we get to see him soon.
    Hugs, Neet 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cute little verse is quite true. We have a lot of little independents and we do support them. We just had an even of many displays at our community center and each year it just gets better. Pretty sparkle..and great idea. Enjoy a great week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ani, love the cards! Never thought of using holographic/metallic paper- and I have some of that! Must give it a try. Glad you found the idea useful. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I am glad that the little bag is proving so useful - I have a few indifferent sizes for the same reason as you, ready to grab and go! Shaz has started something with these strip cards, I think they're great. And I agree 100% about supporting small businesses, I've bought local for a long time now and don't use Costa etc but small cafes instead.
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were up early! I love the striped cards, something I would like to try myself this afternoon (after I visit all the desks... I made a promise to myself to do that first!) Happy woyww, enjoy your day. Big hug from Holland. Marit #20

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ani, the strip cards look great. I'd cut some strips after seeing the cards on Shaz's blog, but not made them up yet. Love the buy local note, it's very true! Have a lovely week Heather x #13

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy WOYWW & great work space xx Jan (32)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anni, love the jig comment so true I do try to do that wherever possible. However the reality is some things can’t get here. Love the cards too look great but do think they must take lots of patience.
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete