Wednesday 20 September 2017

WOYWW 433 (I think)

Good morning everyone, just as we thought the summer was coming to an end with the rains of last week, we have had some really lovely weather, in the low 30's but not too hot and humid. Weather that makes you want to prepare for the winter days haha.

So what is on my work table this morning, well talking of winter days I am still preparing for the Christmas fairs I have booked tables at. Now added another two fairs to my list, one is for a local animal charity. So in the top left hand corner you see a pile of dog bandanas.  Really need to get rid of some of my materials of all sorts, fabric, knitting wool, paper and card you know how it is. Also need to make some money as I am seeing my pension decrease month by month because of the value of the pound.



I have all my templates cut out of hardboard, my late husband made them all for me and they have been a godsend so much better than paper patterns. I brought them all with me, along with no end of material when I moved out to Spain. He also made me a cutting out table that he hinged to the wall so I could fold down when not in use. Often wonder what the people who bought my house thought of it as I left it there.

And lastly my TV knitting, I can't watch TV and not do anything or I fall asleep. These are the beginnings of some tortoises. 




The telephone engineers eventually came on Friday to install the fibre optic so after taking 15 mins to load photos to my blog they now just go woosh and they are there. Can't believe that my little town of Mojacar is slowly catching up with the 21st century. When I first came on holiday here there were more donkeys than cars, now you will be hard pushed to see a donkey.



Donkey transport
The local women used to do their laundry at the fountain and the washing would be carried in the panniers.
Local fountain late 70's
Well that's me done for this week, now to link with Julia our host at stamping-ground.blogspot.com 

Hope you all have a good week and I will be visiting later when I come home from my knit and natter group.

14 comments:

  1. Great that your broadband is now super fast! good luck with your dog bandanas, hope you sell lots. Thanks for your early visit. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ani. Goodness - your new superfast broadband sounds great. Now you will have answers to google questions before you have even asked them!! Well done on all the preparation for the craft fairs. Hope they really go well. Like the idea of hardboard patterns - brilliant.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your comment on my post!!! Brilliant - indeed he did!!! have a problem though... I'm not that good at the five loaves and two fishes.
    Love
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous knitted tortoise and love the idea of the templates. makes so much sense.
    sandra de @6

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are happy with the super fast connection to the internet... you are super busy with all your craft fairs ahead... love the tortoise.. the hardboard templates are a fabulous idea... Have a happy week ahead... May #11

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea having your templates in hardboard, paper patterns are so flimsy. I keep any really solid cardboard and make my patterns out of that. Much easier! Good luck with your fairs, hope you do really well :-D
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Ani, I can't believe those photos were taken as recently as the 70s; things have really changed. Glad all the installing went well. I think it's a great idea to use hardboard for templates; definitely more resilient and long lasting than paper. Happy WOYWW Sarah #18

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hoping the weather stays nice and warm for me when I go to Nerja in a couple of weeks time. I need some sunshine as the3 weather in Bolton has been shocking - no summer so to speak - again.
    Can imagine those patterns are a boon for you when doing your sewing. Bet you are so glad you took them with you - shame the table couldn't go.
    Love your tortoises and thanks for the photos - interesting to know about the donkeys and the way they washed in the 70's.
    Have a good week.
    Hugs, & Thanks for the visit to mine - Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy WOYWW. Low 30s - that is just a dream for us, wasn't even that hot in the height of the summer. We fly to Alicante and then drive on up to Moraira on 3rd October, so not long before I get my fix of Spanish sunshine! We were shocked to see how much the pound has dropped against the euro, which reminds me. I was going to ask my friendly finances expert if we should get euros now ready for our holiday, or will the pound actually strengthen before then. Love your tortoises. Great photos of the donkeys and laundry facilities of the 70s. We went to Mojacar last time we went to Spain (2 years ago) and loved the area. Ali x #19

    ReplyDelete
  10. The weather you're having sounds wonderful! I hope for an "indian summer" this fall as well. Great knitted projects, they look so cute! Happy WOYWW xo Cheetarah #21

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to say that I absolutely love the tortoises. The new Broadband sounds brilliant. Have a great crafty woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ani, loving the tortoises! How remarkable to have those pictures of times past. Glad you have great broadband now. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #2 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ani ... cute tortoises! Good luck with making your craft fair produce. I love the donkey photos, have a lovely week Heather #32

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ani! What lovely legacy those templates from your husband - I bet they make you think of him every time you use them. Yay for the broadband and I love donkeys - they're such adorable creatures! I was thinking of getting a rescue donkey now that we have some land, but we couldn't afford to look after them. Enjoy the Indian Summer - it's been pretty warm in the UK for the past few days as well. Thanks for visiting the other day. Hope to see you again on Wednesday! zsuzsa #14

    ReplyDelete