Wednesday 5 July 2017

WOYWW 422

Good morning to WOYWW from a sunny Spain. Our weather is still very hot but not as humid so easier sleeping.

Thank you Lunch Lady Jan for choosing me to receive the lovely bag, up to Tuesday morning it has not arrived, but then I am still waiting for a sun dress by daughter posted 10 days ago. One lives in hope it will arrive before the weather changes haha. I did once receive a Christmas card posted beginning of December in March.

So we have a special desk this week because it is Wimbledon, so a table  facing my television, love my turntable tv table that I can swing round so it can be seen from fireside chair or computer or anywhere in the room.

What is on the table today well still preparing for Christmas. I found all this felt in my stash so thought I would cut out some Christmas stockings and decorate with left over pieces.

























Also made this week three more aprons for the Christmas stall and that's about it. Have been out and about with my friend Terri who is here for three weeks from her home in Lanzarote.

 Today is my sewing/knit and natter group and afterwards we have a lunch, think I have said before we put 1€ into  the pot each week and when we have enough it buys us lunch and tomorrow is the day.

Will leave you with these two photos. I thought the cat was scattering the wood chips on my plant pots, but it turned out to be a female blackbird and my cat sat watching her. The photos aren't very clear because they were taken through mosquito netting on the window. You can just about make out the bird centre front of pot.






Now to link up with Julia at stamping-ground.blogspot.com

Hope you all have a good week, will try and get round to reading all before the weekend.



21 comments:

  1. Hope your bag from Jan arrives soon! Lucky you being able to sit and watch the tennis; I've missed some good matches at work (boo, hiss!) Not sure about the early prep for Christmas, though! Have a good week. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a busy week craft wise and socially. Enjoy it all, sounds great and you have the added bonus of Wimbledon and sunshine
    Lynn 12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your cat did not get the bird.
    What a fabulous idea to craft whilst watching tennis. Christmas crafting too
    Enjoy your week, and your friend, sounds like you have it planned.
    Hugs, Neet 10 xx (earlier than last week)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted it last Thursday so hopefully it won't be too long before it turns up on your doorstep! Well done for getting ahead with the Christmas stuff :-D
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning the bag. I won one a while ago and bought another from Jan- both are fabulous. Loving the Christmas in July, especially combined with Wimbledon! Anne x # 13 (at the moment :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was determined to visit your desk today, I've been a poor desk-hopper last couple of weeks :/
    Happy WOYWW!
    Claire no.9

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea, the lunch for a Euro - am sure you'll have a great time! And good for you with the stockings - Wimbledon seems the perfect enabler for a lot of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are certainly going to be well prepared for Christmas. Hope the bird leaves your pots alone or he might end up as the cats dinner if he sits there much longer!!
    Bernice #22

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ani, clever bird, I bet she's finding masses of insects amongst the bark! Love how your cat is just watching her. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #11 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy WOYWW. Glad to hear it is less humid for you now. I am always happy with high temperatures, as long as I have aircon in home/car/shops, but high humidity always makes me ill. We got married in Jamaica and for a lot of the evenings I had to stay indoors. It was lovely during the day, but as soon as the sun went down (very quickly) it was just unbearable. Do not have that issue in Pembrokeshire! Ali x #25

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thinking of crafting for Christmas also - it is good to start early :)
    I love the little bird - it is a wonderful photograph - close up you can even see her little yellow beak :)
    Have a wonderful Wednes-YAY!
    Bubbles #7
    https://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/woyww-422.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perfect "work" set up. Our weather is very like Spain so far not dry and dusty just heat and humidity.
    What lovely cats. They soon learn about birds to just watch!
    Monica #27

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy WOYWW #422 thanks for sharing xx Jan (31)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you are enjoying the tennis... I too am thinking about making a few Christmas gifts... Enjoy your lunch tomorrow with your knit & natter friends... Have a happy week ahead... Love your cat... May #4

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy WOYWW! Congrats to winning the bag! You are in time for Christmas, I should do that too. I like to ´watch´ tennis too while being busy, lot of us do I think. Thank you for the comment last week, you asked for the dog on the puicture: it is a Newfoundlander, a very big and gentle dog. He´s staying with us, his owner is on holiday in Scotland! Have a nice week en groetjes from Holland to Spain!
    Francisca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ani. Well done on all those makes! your stall is going to look great with everything on it. My TV has been on too, for Wimbledon - love it!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so good getting Christmas stuff done already. I shall probably be late as usual! Have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poor kitty - wrongly accused. ;-) April #7

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can almost hear the "bird chatter" from your kitty! I think every cat does it, I know my Inky does! It must be hard doing Christmas stuff in the middle of summer! I am also waiting for a package to arrive, I think the post is getting slower and slower the more we pay them! Thanks for sharing (sorry I'm late!) Lindart #37

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ani, I have Wimbledon on the TV right now.

    Looking forward to see what you do with the felt.

    Have fun with your friend.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #15

    ReplyDelete
  21. We have Wimbledon fever here too though it must feel odd prepping for Christmas to the tune of tennis balls on racquets. I've just been watching a flock of sparrows picking around our gravel - some even sitting in it - so not at all surprised the culprit turned out to be a blackbird and not your poor innocent cat :) Have a lovely weekend. Elizabeth x #17

    ReplyDelete