Wednesday 5 April 2017

WOYWW 409


Not much exciting on my desk this morning. I have had a friend visiting this week, not seen her for over four years since she left here to live in the Gambia so we have so much to catch up on.

What you see is some experimenting Christmas items, this is a little apron to go on a wine bottle to catch the drips. I am going to put a label in the pocket to say something like the Cooks Wine and also make an adult apron in the same material and sell as a set. The knitting to the left is another drop stitch scarf but it hasn't grown much.

Sorry this is short but am now off to my sewing class and if I don't hurry will miss the bus, am trying to be healthy and not use the car, if I go on the bus I have to walk to catch it and also walk at the other end. How I miss walking with my dog.

Hope the following week is good for you all, nearly Easter, the early holidaymakers are here already.

Now to link with Julia and all the other deskers at stamping-ground.blogspot.com






11 comments:

  1. Love the idea of lfull size and dinky matching aprons. Hope your sewing class went well. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nifty wine drip catcher, I make something similar but they are waistcoasts.. thinking now it might be nice to do a his and hers? apron and waistcoat... would that be PC? we too have early holiday makers and the chocolatiers are doing us proud with the easter displays, our lot arrive Sunday so I am busy stocking the freezer with supplies! Dxxx #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of the wine bottle aprons! Never seen them before! I would always opt to walk or take public transport if it's an option. I hate driving! I'd sooner walk three miles both ways than drive if I can help it! Hope you enjoyed your sewing class! Happy Wednesday! zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet idea the matching aprons. Happy WOYWW Vicky #23

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those aprons are a cute idea but Christmas... truly not even on my radar. Good for you for thinking ahead. Keep up with the walking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ani, love the aprons, what a cool idea. I'm sure you are enjoying your catch-up time. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have fun at your class. Looks like some interesting makes getting ready for (gasp!) Christmas.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K 34

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to do matching aprons to your wine bibs. If you do some in strong masculine colours they would be great for barbecuing - the season should be coming up here in the UK - hopefully! Do they barbecue a lot where you are? Incidentally where are you if you don't mind me asking? We love visiting Nerja but have had to miss out recently because of my health.
    Hugs, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catching up with friends definitely takes precedence over crafting!
    Have a good week
    Christine #18

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of "the cook's wine" with the matching apron - I need one! Glad you were able to visit with an old friend - those are the best! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #38

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ani, the 'cook's wine' apron is a fab idea and the planned set of aprons should be a winner - I nearly typed 'winer' there :) As long as your not having to bring your sewing machine to the sewing class taking the bus is definitely the healthier, and cheaper, option. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #30

    PS: I would have commented yesterday but the problems I had with staying online persisted throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete