Wednesday 26 April 2017

WOYWW 412

Firstly an apology for not posting last week I did start but other things took over and before I knew it, it was weekend. Anyway I am here now so what is on my desk this morning.

Nothing very exciting I am still looking into Christmas ideas, yes I know but when you live in a place like I do you have to be really prepared, and if you know someone who is travelling by road from the UK to Spain you have to think ahead. 


Someone suggested dog bandanas would be a good seller as nearly ever Brit here has a dog and we have a very active animal rescue charity called Paws/Patas. I have plenty of suitable material but was a question of getting the measurements correct so with the help of Amazon and Google and lots of brown paper think I have a last come up with 4 sizes. Just didn't use the vinegar!!

Another suggestion was fold-up shopping bags so with the aid of one I had and brown paper again I came up with this red one made out of waterproof backed nylon. Should be strong enough.

I now have to go on the hunt for a shop that sells hardboard so I can cut the templates out much easier than paper. All my apron templates are hardboard that my late husband made for me. Will have to see how I fair with a jigsaw that should be fun but to find the hardboard first is the biggest hurdle here.

Just before I go must show you my amaryllis I won it in a raffle a few years ago and it has flowered every year but this year it has 8 flowers on it. I keep it outside all year round and only attend to it when the leaves need cutting back. Not bad eh?



Now to link up with our host for the WOYWW Julia at stamping-ground.blogspot.com




12 comments:

  1. well if you need any help with dog bandanas, LLJ is your girl! have a great week. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great ideas for the Christmas Fayre. LLJ makes them too, so I'm sure she'd give you some pointers. Sarah #15

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like some great ideas for your fabric. I like the idea of the shopping bags.
    Your amaryllis is beautiful. I can never get one to flower again here in the UK, must be the lack of heat.
    Hugs Lisax #17

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are doing quite well I think... these things you make are very handy.
    And wow...! what a beautiful Amaryllis you have.
    And you travel a lot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Amarylis, I so love them. I can't say anything about getting ready for Christmas as I have just ordered two gifts on the internet, you have to do it when you see them! Have a great woyww, Angela x7x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna, I see you've already had the advice I was going to give- LLJ is your girl for info on dog bandanas!and indeed for many items she makes to donate for charity sales. Flower is so beautiful, they always look stunning.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #1 XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas. Yup. Not ready to think about it yet. Both the bags and bandanas sound like great ideas. I like a nice bag. I have way too many reusable grocery bags. lol.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #29

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a superb Amarylis!!! I have managed two leaves on mine this year! I like to think it is having a rest....
    Take care and have a good week with plenty of crafting.
    Christine #19

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Amarylis! I have had these before, but they always die out on me after blooming. I don't think I could keep them out side here in Canada. Good luck on your pattern making! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #34

    ReplyDelete
  10. First I have to say, I love your header photo! Makes me smile! Beautiful flower, and you kept it alive this long. I can't do that. :) #35

    ReplyDelete
  11. The teddy bear bandanna... so cute! :)
    I am one of those terrible people who love to dress their pooch - today Barkley McScruffles is sporting a beautiful brown tartan bow tie :)

    Have a Wonderful Wednesday
    Bubbles #32
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/woyww-412.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your amaryllis is a sight to behold, what a beauty. I do love a plant that will just do its own thing! You've already heard from others that LLJ does a lot of sewing for charity, she may well be able to let you know the best sellers., but certainly the bandanas and reuseable bags will be great!

    ReplyDelete