Wednesday 21 September 2016

WOYWW 381

Well I am a tad late in posting today, trouble with my car last night, it wouldn't start, had to leave it where it was parked so this morning first thing I was back trying to start it. Success but then drove to the garage for them to check it out and they said it wanted a new battery so all is well again and I have my wheels. I am lost without my car as our transport system consists of a bus that goes along the seafront and up to the village and a very occasional service that takes you to the next town. No trains or metro services.

Oh my gosh another Wednesday it will soon be Christmas!!

Well my work desk is still my temporary one underneath the ceiling fans, but must admit the weather is beginning to cool down and the nights are much more pleasant enabling one to sleep. Maybe next week I will be back in my workroom and sitting at my original work desk. My cat will be pleased as there isn't room for her on this desk.


The desk this week shows my attempts at making some 70th, 80th and 90th birthday cards with the Clarity letters and numbers stamps, much in demand these days, Only a few more months and I will be hitting one of these birthdays ending in zero, but then age has never mattered to me and in my younger days I sometimes had to do a quick calculation to check my age.

I love this time of the year nearly all the tourists have gone and the residents get their little seaside town back to themselves. Many expats can't stand the heat of the summer and go back to UK but they will be returning shortly. Most of our clubs and organisations will be opening up again so plenty to do in the winter months.
I will leave you with some photos I took last Friday morning round about 7.30am of the beautiful sunrises we get this time of the year, The photos were taken about 2 mins apart so you can see it doesn't take long for the sun to rise, if you aren't quick with the camera you miss it.





So goodbye til next week and I will now link up with Julia at Stamping Ground.


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset pictures. Don't mention the 'C' word. Yikes. Too soon! Glad it didn't take much to get your car started again. Miss mine. I think we're postponing getting another until the Spring. I don't drive much in winter as I hate driving in ice and snow so I think we are going to wait.

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #35

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful sunrise pictures. I am not much of a morning person and marvel when I get to see it. I worked night shift for over 40 years and would get off work after it had already come up. Now I am usually sleeping through it! Glad to hear it didn't take much to get the car fixed. If I didn't have a car here I would be stuck at home 24/7! Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great week. VIckie #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank goodness about the car, isn't it horrid when it's something you don't know much about that goes on the fritz. I hope you didn't have to walk too far to get home! You're very patient to make this word banners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunset pictures are stunning! Happy to hear the car problem wasn't a major one. 60, 70 & 80 are only just numbers!
    Have a great WOYWW week!
    Hugs
    Chris #27

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain about the heat. I live in Southern Alabama and between the heat and humidity, it's unbearable outside. We've been thankful to have a pool to cool off in every once in a while, but for the most part I stay tucked away in my studio.
    Sounds like you have a nice, cool spot for now at least!
    Hope #40

    ReplyDelete