Wednesday 14 September 2016

WOYWW 380

Well another Wednesday has come round, it will soon be Ch....... oh no hohoho

My desk this week is pretty clear as I have finished the Christmas cards to my own designs from the Hunkydorky kit I was having trouble with last week. By using my own designs I have many more cards than if I had followed their instructions and still have toppers etc left.




So my desk is virtually clear of Christmas, and when I come back from sewing group later today I have to make a start on my best friends birthday card ready for her birthday 28th September. We have been friends for over 60 years first meeting at junior school. Our friendship carried on when I was shipped off to boarding school but we had fun in the holidays. She was a church bellringer and took me along to a practice night and that was where I met my husband needless to say she was my bridesmaid.
She is also godmother to my daughter and was there for me when my husband died in 1999. Even though I moved to Spain email is a fantastic way of keeping in touch. (Make a note must email her this week)

Our hot summer is showing no signs of cooler days and yesterday the temperature was still in the 30's, also we had a terrific wind blowing, it was a wonder there was any sand left on the beach. Thankfully all my plant pots are still standing, but lots of sweeping up to be done. Bouganinvilles are very pretty but they do leave a lot of mess especially when it has been windy.



cat sat in the door

the other cat making a quick getaway just got his tail!

Oh well that is it for another week wonder what next week will bring. Always look forward.
Now to join up with the rest of you hope you all have a good week.

11 comments:

  1. Great looking desk and cards. I just had to get up and go yell at my cats cause they were hissing at a cat outside. She comes around every night for a treat and yo think my girls would be used to it by now! Have a great week. Vickie #10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip about the fabric shop and for your visit. Gosh you have been prolific in your card making well done
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with your cards for Christmas, they are lovely - as always I've barely begun!! I have a friend I made in Junior school 58 years ago! We haven't lived close to each other for the majority of that time but stayed friends and see each other often :-) Anne x #17

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ani, great you have so many C cards made! I know what you mean on the bouganvillia, we were in Tenerife last week, and they are everywhere, but yes they are messy. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - lots of Christmas cards finished. I feel so behind already lol. I hate thinking about Christmas this early but know I probably should otherwise I'll be running around at the last minute. Can you tell I'm a procrastinator?

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #40

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous cards and so many! quite a feat. Happy Wednesday. LisaDV #37

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. I thought I'd been productive! Well done on achieving so much. Happy WOYTWW Elaine No 20

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ani. Firstly - go to Gallo organico and you will find the linky page somewhere - possibly on Sep 1st. I have taken part several times in the scavenger hunt - it's such fun!
    Well done on not doing what Hunkydory expect you to. I never do either!!! That way we get far more for our money (shhh, don't tell!) Your cards are great.
    Thank you so much for your visit and kind words. I actually have LOTS of John's scraperboard work on the walls, plus his oil paintings... plus.... The house is filled with his work. It's lovely. He was extremely creative.
    I'm having a break from officialdom and blogging for a while! Everybody wants the same documents at the same time, don't they, and you can only send your marriage certificate off to one place at a time, then you have to record delivery everything...
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to get value from a card kit girl! love your collection! We're having a good weather week, rather than entire season - I expect the wind was quite welcome really, despite the mess it makes of the boug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards. Well done considering the high temperatures. Have a great woyww, Angela x 19

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards...way to go making them your own!
    Hugs
    Chris P #34

    ReplyDelete