Wednesday 31 August 2022

WOYWW 691 31st August

 So the summer is over here and all the tourists have returned to their towns ready to begin work on 1st September. I wish they had taken the heat with them, today has been another scorcher. When will it end? 

Sorry I have been absent but have had a some hospital appointments over the last few weeks, and have found them very tiring in this heat. Our most local hospital is about an hour away, but have also been to the city of Almeria hospital never been there before to see a neuro surgeon. All this comes from the diabetic nurse not being able to find a pulse in my feet. 

My work desk this week is full of wool as I have been clearing out and putting on one side unfinished items, not has many as I thought. 

Christmas teddy needs a boot and jacket finished.

84 squares ready to sew up!

Material to take to sewing group today

4ply & Double knitting wool


Crocheted blanket for my bed,

More crocheted squares

Baby blanket started over 17yrs ago for my grandson and was told she wasn't going with baby colours. Well it is now finished and will be gladly received by our Red Cross.

I could be stuck at my sewing/knitting group until about 4pm today as the Spanish Vuelta Cyclist race is passing through Mojacar this lunchtime, they will be riding along the beach road then over the mountains to Carboneras and as this is my only way home I will have to wait until the road is open again. We have a beach road and small roads going off to urbanisations etc, but all these go towards the mountains and although I can get so far to my house using these roads unfortunately not far enough.

So that is me for this week, now to link up with Julia at https://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ who is our desker in charge.

Hope you all have a good week. 
Ani






12 comments:

  1. Good morning 🤗 Ani, I hope the weather cools down for you soon 💕 the temperature here in Scotland today is supposed to be around 13/14C so much cooler here .. the air has changed you can smell the scents of Autumn already. Hoping the drs get you sorted out before too long and you feel much better 🤗Wow to all your projects from the wee bear just waiting on his jacket and boots ❤ toooo all those squares ... I wish I could learn to make ... one 😊 right the way down to that gorgeous baby blanket you made for your grand baby... treasure it is and will be cherished by someone ❤🤗❤ Enjoy your time at the sewing club with friends whilst the cycle run is going on. Safe travels home. Love and hugs Tracy #9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been having a fab sort out - I love doing that too! Also how marvellous that you’ve found homes for things to go to, that’s a win win. I’m sorry to hear you’ve had the appointments though, hope they’ve helped with the foot problem. Whoosh and the cyclists will be through your town, hope they don’t have a puncture and hold you up too much!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh Ani I hope all those hospital appointments help get to the bottom of things. You have been busy sorting. Hope dressing the teddy helpen you imagine cooler weather. Get home safely later. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Ani. Wow - what a sort out! Lots to have a go at now. I do hope the medics get your problems all sussed and sorted! Enjoy your sewing group - even though you will need to wait for ages to escape! It will be the same here on Saturday - the Goldwing Parade... hundreds of motorbikes going twice round the town - VERY slowly - but it brings masses of people in who then boost our economy! So, good overall!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've had a good sort out but sounds like you don't need to rush to finish the blanket for your bed! Hope it gets cooler for you soon (but not too cool - we are heading to Spain for our holiday next week, sorry not all the tourists are gone!) Travelling in the heat is really exhausting, I feel for you. I hope you got some answers at your appointments. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #16

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear it's still so hot where you are, it has cooled down here and is also quite windy today so much more comfortable. You do look as though you've been busy though, lovely crafting. I hope they have sorted any problems after all those hospital visits too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know why it's put me down as Anonymous it's Angela@ Felix the Crafty Cat xXx

      Delete
  7. The baby blanket is beautiful and will be much appreciated by somebody. Wow you have a lot of projects on the go. Hopefully you won’t be needing the blanket for your bed any time soon. The heat is very exhausting, specially if you have to travel. I do hope they can sort out your health problems soon. Happy WOYWW. Angela #17

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the hospital can help Ani, and that the weather cools down for you soon. Your baby blanket and the one for your bed are lovely. Glad you’ve found homes for everything you’ve sorted out.
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 14

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the hospital is able to sort you out - it's good to see you today anyhow. Hope the knitting club was good fun and you got (get) home safely. Did you get to see any of the cycling as it came through? Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I hope the hospital visits have paid off and they’re satisfied with you. Damn diabetes! I read your post and thought oh no, stuck at a social group for the whole afternoon, what a great excuse! Saw your video on FB..you did manage to get very close to the Peleton! We practically camped out to see the Tour when it was in England many years ago…..four hours of waiting and then a whoosh and they’d gone! I wonder what it was that led you to puttin the teddy away with only one boot and no jacket?! that beautiful baby blanket will be come an heirloom for who ever is lucky enough to get it from the charity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the 17yrs later baby blanket made me giggle. I have unfinished baby sewing projects for my son when I went on maternity leave (24 years ago) but the carpal tunnel first struck during pregnancy and I couldn't even hold a needle then let alone felt well enough. Oh well one day. Amazed with all your projects and even more by your inability to get home due to cyclists. Life is a strange thing isn't it. Sorry I am so late, life has been ridiculous this week. BJ#8

    ReplyDelete