Wednesday 2 November 2016

WOYWW 387

Sorry girls but there has been nothing on my desk over the past few weeks - the reason being I am in the UK nursing my terminally ill son. We were told a few weeks ago that the treatment hadn't worked and he only had weeks left with us. So I was on the first plane back to the UK to spend this valuable time together. Life is so cruel.

I have been reading your blogs each week and it is good to see life carries on.

In my time out I have been walking round the town centre and seeing all  the crafty items and christmas goodies I miss living in Spain. I am having to be strict with myself or it will be a case of excess baggage charge when  I go back.

I am in the process of crocheting blanket squares from the wool remaining from my grandson's blanket of many colours.

It will be interesting to see my desk as I can't even remember what is on it, but I do know nothing was put away before leaving Spain, perhaps my cat is keeping guard on it!



12 comments:

  1. Such sad news.... my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    sandra de @26

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry to read about this - my thoughts and prayers are with you. Each day is precious and, after reading your blog, even more so now.
    Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ani, I'm so saddened and shocked to read this. You must be distraught. We will all be sending you love, hugs and prayers. Much Love, Shaz xx#22

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear of your devastating news, I can't possibly imagine what you are going through, but just knowing that you are still posting on your blog means that you are coping. It does help, I would think, to know that others are thinking of you and your son. Sending good thoughts your way, Lindart #41

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so saddened to hear your news. Wishing you and your son strength at this difficult time.

    Sharon K #38

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so, so very sorry and saddened by your news. virtual hugs to you and prayers for your son and your family! Blessings, LisaDV #37

    ReplyDelete
  7. what absolutely devastating news! hope you stay strong and enjoy this remaining time with your son. sending you hugs and love. Helen#2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated WOYWW - and I am so glad that I visited your blog this week. I was so sad to read about your reason for being in the UK. I am sure that you are treasuring every moment with your son, and I hope that he is comfortable. I am not religious, but I am thinking of you all and hope for a peaceful time. Ali x #11

    ReplyDelete
  9. Late as I am, I just had to say how shocked and sorry I am to hear your devastating news. I'll be thinking of you and your son through the coming days and weeks. Elizabeth xx #35

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Ani. I popped over here today as you have left a comment on this week's WOYWW. May our Father God, who loves us and is compassionate toward us, fill your heart, and those of your family, with His peace as you spend these last days with your son. I am so sorry to hear the treatment hasn't gone well. Take care dear one. God loves you so much, and is weeping with you at this time.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. Thinking of you at this difficult time. Marion x

    ReplyDelete