Sorry I missed last week no excuse, but here I am for 902 well not quite perhaps 903 if I remember to publish.
I have decided the time has come to say goodbye to a great deal of my craft materials. Many of which I transported here from the UK over 25 years ago. Along with those purchased on my travels back to UK and those I have gained while I have been in Spain. A friend asked me only this week had I any black eyes for a tortoise. Yes said I big, med or small. Anything crafty ask Ann she is sure to have it. Cottons, binding, ribbon, machine needles, tapestry wool, knitting wool, embroidery silks etc you name it I will probably have it.
I have made a start on my rolls of material stash this week, cutting into managable lengths to take to to some of our charity shops. Cutting up is better as they haven´t the room to stock rolls and cut to various lengths. (If only you lived near to me Jan I am sure you could find use for all my material), I will have to wait for my daughter and son in law to visit to get the bigger rolls of ¨C¨ material, but it will need to be done soon to give other crafters chance to make their wares.
Oh my gosh I typed this out then forgot to publish it, the story of my life at present, so it will have to wait til next week.
I have remember today haha.
Shame yiu have to part with your stash but glad you are able to pass some on . Happy woyww Helen #1
ReplyDeleteOh I wish I was nearer too! But it’s good that you’re giving someone else the chance to make something lovely 🥰 Hope you manage to get it all sorted soon xx
ReplyDeleteHugs LLJ 2 xx
Happy no-knitting day WOYWW!
ReplyDeleteI always cull my stash and give it away to those who can make use of it. It's a lovely thing to do and will surely spark creativity in at least some of the recipients. And you will have a more focused set of goodies to play with - always find it makes me think outside the box when I have not as much stuff. Enjoy the process!
Mary Anne (3)
Such a shame that you’re parting with your stash, Ann, but it’s good to let it go to someone who can use it. I do hope your health struggles let you do a bit of crafting that pleases you.
ReplyDeleteHappy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 7 xx
I've been doing the same recently, as I have stuff that I know I wont use again and my cousin is an area commissioner for the Girl Guides in her area so they've been getting lots of stuff so has my craft club and maybe I'll give some to the local charity shop. Good luck with the sorting. Happy woyww, Angela x9x
ReplyDeleteIt’s so good to sort and organise your stash while you’re able…there’s always someone else that can make good use of it.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Annie x #8
I can understand why you are parting from your stash Ani. It is a shame, but there are lots of lucky people who I am sure will be able to make good use of it while raising money for a good cause. Good luck sorting through everything. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah
ReplyDeleteOh I keep forgetting stuff too, annoyingly my nighttime meds - oh well.There defo comes a time to off load things and good to do it in a positive way I'm sure loads of people will be so blessed. Hugs Bj#4
ReplyDelete