Wednesday 1 May 2024

 Gosh my last post on here 26th April 2023 with 'hello from sunny Spain. Wish I could say that today, this afternoon we had a short downpour, if only it had been more. We are desperately short of water and every little drop is precious. it is also cold, well in my opinion. 

I have still been doing craft work over the last 12 months but have cut down drastically on what I do. No more sewing, but still hoping to do some knitting and crochet work.

I have joined a small Spanish group of ladies who do work called 'Bargello'. 

This is one of the ladies designs,


And this is my small design, only small  to start with.


Some of the ladies are making rugs, which will be backed with hessian then a non slip rug material. I can just imagine them in an old Spanish finca. 

I am now trying to design some smaller Christmas wall hangings. I am hoping by joining this group will also improve my conversational spanish. One can always hope.

So that is me after a 12 month gap year.

I will now see if I can remember how to link up with Julia at https://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ That's one bit done.

4 comments:

  1. It's so good to see you again! glad you are still crafting, and a new hobby to boot! Happy WOYWW Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you! I recall a bargello stamped card I saw once - always loved it, meant to make one, never did :) Both pieces are lovely! Wish we could send you some British rain. We have it to spare round here. :) Stay hydrated and Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, long time no see, loving the Bargello especially the bright pink one. Hugs BJ#11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back Ani! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete