Saturday 20 June 2015

W/e Saturday 20th June
What has this week been like? Well this week began with the first visitors - V's parents from the Czech Republic. It is good to see them but hard work as the only language they speak is obviously Czech, I can identify some words but have to have translation.They spent most of the morning on the beach and I only met up with them late afternoon for a drink.

Everywhere round here is beginning to look very dry and parched, I just pray that there are no fires. I don't think I have been so frightened as when we had the fires a few years ago. Two cats, one dog an myself spent the night on the beach. Just hope holiday makers realise the danger of disposing of cigarette ends and act responsibly when enjoying barbecues.

Noticed the difference in the amount of traffic on the beach road this morning the holiday season is starting. Possibly the Spanish children have finished school now.

Our exercise swimming class started on Tuesday morning, the water was a little cold but after a few minutes of jumping up and down the feeling of numbness ceased. This morning, Saturday, it felt a little warmer. Our group is called the 'Flutter kickers' and at least five of us have been attending well over 20 years. We used to meet at the Rambla bar pool then transferred to the Kimrick when the Rambla closed. Keeps our jaws fit as well as other parts!

Wednesday afternoon I go to a bar called the Loft, we call ourselves the WOW club (Women on Wednesday) apart from having a good natter and putting Mojacar to rights, we have a small raffle to support a local charity. Earlier this year we donated about 200€ to a club called Stepping Stones, this club was set up by a lady called Fanny Davies when she became a carer for her husband. It helps people who are carers and perhaps find they are isolated living in Spain. Here in Spain there is very little social funded care.

Thursday morning along with two other people I spent two and a half hours in a bank opening a bank account.When something like this happens I always think back to what my friends in the UK said to me - What will you do when you get fed up of sunbathing? I wish I only had time to sit around in the sun. I find here in Spain if you allocate one day to do one task and you complete the task then you have done well, complete two tasks and that is a miracle. Don't forget most offices, banks, post offices etc. only open in the mornings, so what doesn't get done in the morning well that's it until next day.

Tuesday's daily task was swimming and a visit to the doctors, yes two things in one morning - a miracle. I have been struggling with a painful hip for over two years and have already seen the orthopaedic consultant but he wouldn't operate until I had had another op. The last few months each movement has been so painful I had to do something, so have now been referred back to the consultant.

I am looking forward to a week tomorrow when my daughter comes for a visit, she is only here for five days going back Friday on an early morning flight, so will have to make the most of the visit, I know it will go so quickly. Hope the jelly fish will have disappeared from the sea by then. Must look out some good restaurants as well.

I am still crocheting the blanket squares and have at least 30 to crochet or sew together. I am still making 'the cross in your pocket' should have kept count of how many I have made altogether, must be 50 at least. Both these projects are so easy to do when I watch TV. 

No photos this week must remember to take my camera out with me, I do not have one of these posh iphones or whatever they call them.










No comments:

Post a Comment